Revised way to add custom ringtones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jhat3k1

Jul 1, 2007
I fount the link below on howardforums. It takes thye previous process and makes it MUCH more user friendly. i was able to add 2 of my own custom ringtones in about 5 minutes and all you have to do is some copying and pasting. Check it out, I have the CTU ringtone and the monday night football ringtone.

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1201467

I fount the link below on howardforums. It takes thye previous process and makes it MUCH more user friendly. i was able to add 2 of my own custom ringtones in about 5 minutes and all you have to do is some copying and pasting. Check it out, I have the CTU ringtone and the monday night football ringtone.

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1201467

hey that's me! :-P
I mean I didn't write the guide, but that's my post on HoFo!

snowcrash

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I did this one and it took me like 15 mins to add 2 ringtones and the pwn3d logo (that was a little harder because the first time i forgot the rmdir the two files first).

Phone syncs fine, got some killer ring tones! Thank god because i HATED the ones that came with the iPhone!

Now if we can just get a louder call volume (not ringer, but call volume) hack this thing would be perfect!

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I did this one and it took me like 15 mins to add 2 ringtones and the pwn3d logo (that was a little harder because the first time i forgot the rmdir the two files first).

Phone syncs fine, got some killer ring tones! Thank god because i HATED the ones that came with the iPhone!

Now if we can just get a louder call volume (not ringer, but call volume) hack this thing would be perfect!
is rmdir to remove it? Can you explain how to do thisbecause I want to get my name on there instead of pwn3d LOL

please help? :)

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
rmdir is
remove directory

That makes sense anyway. I didn't see that under HELP though, perhaps I missed it.

...so I put this in place of what... putfile?

edit: I tried, nothing happened... still have "pwn3d" there.

sickmunkeyz

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I cant seem to get more then one file on at a time in my ringtones. im using pc version. i know i uploaded some files to wrong places and it showed as orange in my iTunes....unknown files. i decided to restore my phone and try again..damn activation thing is down. wont be playing with my phone till 3pm pst when its backup from maintenance.

Kevin McN

Jul 15, 2007
Problem

I did everything and got the ringtone on the iPhone. However, when I tried to connect with iTunes, I get this message: "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an unknown error (0xE8000022)". How can I fix this? Thanks

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
What your going to need to do is the same process that you added the first ringtone with.

The m4a will need to be in your main directory, as well as all that you would like added then For each ringtone you want to upload: Type
putfile /var/root/Library/Ringtones/xxxxxx.m4a

Where the m4a is one of your files in the directory that iTunes converted.

sickmunkeyz

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
i did the same process. but i can only get one song to show. waiting for Apple servers to be done with maintenance so i can reregister my phone.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I just made a video tut for this issue. It seems you can only add one at a time. Check the sig for the link. What you need to do is add to iPhone quit program. Run iPhoneinterface.exe add song, quit, etc.