ring tone assignments

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

acf83

Nov 16, 2007
ok heres another question for you iPhone guys/gals. I have assigned ringtones to certain callers & sometimes the assigned ringtone plays & others the default does. any thoughts?

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
How did you assign the tones and which tones? Are you talking about the built in factory tones or are you talking about tones you added yourself through different means?

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
ok heres another question for you iPhone guys/gals. I have assigned ringtones to certain callers & sometimes the assigned ringtone plays & others the default does. any thoughts?

Same thing happens to me .. it might just be a bug in the firmware ...

I think there was a post on this already ... somewhere on this site but i can't find it now ...

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
This happens to me sometimes if I call someone and they miss my call. They return the call and the ringtone is the default instead of the assigned. Someone here said it was a firmware bug. That does not bother me that much. I thought the phone was messed up!

acf83

Nov 16, 2007
well guess i am not the only one. it's a ringtone I made from iTunes & is assigned to only one person. works most of the time, I'd say approx 75% it's works fine