Ringback tones For iPhone?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
For the life of me, I don't get this ringback fad. You don't get to listen to your song unless it's your ringtone, in which case you don't need the ringback, and you force your caller into listening to music he or she may not like. I call several people with ringback tones and I hate it. I don't listen to their types of music, so why would I want to subject myself to it on purpose? And God forbid they don't answer quickly! Just my 2 cents. Carry on.

LivePsalm91

Dec 18, 2010
Clarksville, TN
I think there's been some progress but I won't know until tomorrow. The Customer Appeals Manager at AT&T followed up on our last conversation, got help and a lady called me this afternoon. She seemed to be very knowledgeable and went through the process on their website for me. We have to wait 24 hours to see if the system processed our request. It was weird that she didn't see any ringback buys on my account but I know I bought some because I received a text with a confirmation code and entered it. But anyway...we finished the request and she gave me a credit on my next bill because of all the BAD service I've been getting over the past 3-4 weeks. Also, she is going to look into the verbiage on the website for iPhone users; "it is misleading."

LivePsalm91

Dec 18, 2010
Clarksville, TN
For those who don't like ringbacks and felt compelled to post their feelings:

I realize that there are people who don't like ringbacks, but I also know plenty of people who DO like them. I happen to be one of those people who DOES like them; thus my quest to put them on my phone. But I will use good judgment in selecting the songs to use. For example, if I use a default song, it will be more like elevator music so as not to offend the caller. If I select specific songs to a specific contact, I will select the type of music I know they will appreciate and enjoy. Make sense?

I don't think people will get any more annoyed hearing my ringbacks than they will hearing music in the department store and they won't have to hear it as long. But those who DO like hearing music instead of a ring, will appreciate the music, just as I do when I call my friends who have ringbacks. Sometimes hearing that music even picks me up or encourages me when I'm a bit melancholy. I don't like hearing ringbacks that have langauge or subjects I stay away from, but it doesn't ruin my call or my day. I hope it doesn't ruin yours if you ever call me. ;-)

LivePsalm91

Dec 18, 2010
Clarksville, TN
My husband just called me and I have ringbacks! I can assign ringbacks to groups of people and even have different songs play for daytime and nighttime. So many possibilities and I love it! Thanks for your help and well wishes guys. Now back to football; even though my Raiders aren't playing. Go Raiders!

Omen311

Bronze
Jul 21, 2010
TEXAS
Can you see the picture I added to my profile? Can anyone tell me why it's not showing? Thanks!
Try uploading pic to avatar. U might have put it on profile pic. And to the guy who said something about the fad on Ringbacks, me personally I don't really care if the song I chose is not soothing to there ears. It's evolving technology that we now get to use. I can see if you're a little old fashion and gotta have the old boring ring to suit your needs. For me since I'm a musician anyways like that I can express myself to callers with music. Like afromans " because I got high"

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
For those who don't like ringbacks and felt compelled to post their feelings:

I realize that there are people who don't like ringbacks, but I also know plenty of people who DO like them. I happen to be one of those people who DOES like them; thus my quest to put them on my phone. But I will use good judgment in selecting the songs to use. For example, if I use a default song, it will be more like elevator music so as not to offend the caller. If I select specific songs to a specific contact, I will select the type of music I know they will appreciate and enjoy. Make sense?

I don't think people will get any more annoyed hearing my ringbacks than they will hearing music in the department store and they won't have to hear it as long. But those who DO like hearing music instead of a ring, will appreciate the music, just as I do when I call my friends who have ringbacks. Sometimes hearing that music even picks me up or encourages me when I'm a bit melancholy. I don't like hearing ringbacks that have langauge or subjects I stay away from, but it doesn't ruin my call or my day. I hope it doesn't ruin yours if you ever call me. ;-)

As long as you have some good music to listen to, lol.

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
My husband just called me and I have ringbacks! I can assign ringbacks to groups of people and even have different songs play for daytime and nighttime. So many possibilities and I love it! Thanks for your help and well wishes guys. Now back to football; even though my Raiders aren't playing. Go Raiders!
Woooo Hoooo! I'm very glad you got it working for you, LivePsalm91. It just goes to show you that persistence pays off. ;)

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Can you see the picture I added to my profile? Can anyone tell me why it's not showing? Thanks!
Did you get the personal message I sent you?

In Settings, make sure you click on Edit Avatar and not Edit Profile Picture, which I think is what you did. Also, the maximum allowable size of your custom image is 148 by 148 pixels or 39.1 KB, so anything above that won't show up. You have to use a photo program to make it the right size. Let me know if you need any more assistance.

richardya

Silver
Sep 24, 2007
I just tried this on my iPhone4 and it worked pretty easily. I just did what Watcher said to do originally. When they asked what my device was i said blackberry.

LivePsalm91

Dec 18, 2010
Clarksville, TN
No, I didn't get your private message. Please try again; I'm curious what happened. Did you use live_psalm_91@yahoo.com? I will check for your message in the 'Spam' folder as well.

I found put the REAL problems I had with ringbacks. I tried to choose my device (as the site advices you to do) but it's not necessary and the instructions, in that box, lead you to believe you have to go to iTunes. Also, I was attempting to get a bundle and that option isn't available to iPhone users. I have them now and everyone has commented on how much they like the music.

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
No, I didn't get your private message. Please try again; I'm curious what happened. Did you use live_psalm_91@yahoo.com? I will check for your message in the 'Spam' folder as well.

I found put the REAL problems I had with ringbacks. I tried to choose my device (as the site advices you to do) but it's not necessary and the instructions, in that box, lead you to believe you have to go to iTunes. Also, I was attempting to get a bundle and that option isn't available to iPhone users. I have them now and everyone has commented on how much they like the music.
I'm very glad you figured it out, both the private message and the ringbacks. It looks like you still haven't uploaded an avatar picture, yet. Are you still a little fuzzy as to how to do this?

LivePsalm91

Dec 18, 2010
Clarksville, TN
Answer Tones

Yes, the service is free but the tones themselves cost a little bit. I have the answer tones picked based on the personality of the caller. They all have positive comments about the music.