Ringer Issue

iAlex

Jun 27, 2007
For awhile now my ringer hasn't been going off, i turned on my ringer volume to max.. and vibrate is off.. in sound the volume is too max.. still nothing.. any ideas what stupid little mistake im doing! THANKS..

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
For awhile now my ringer hasn't been going off, i turned on my ringer volume to max.. and vibrate is off.. in sound the volume is too max.. still nothing.. any ideas what stupid little mistake im doing! THANKS..
Go to sounds in the settings menu andmake sure everything is on and you have a ringtone selected.

If that looks OK try a hard reset by holding down the on.off switch and the home button until you see a silver Apple on the screen.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Check the little Mute switch on the side of the phone. You might have it in the OFF position.

Nismo

Jul 25, 2007
Yes, check the mute switch. Make shure its all black and not showing red. I used to carry my iPhone naked in my pocket for 2 weeks and it managed to accidentally switch to mute on me 2 times.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Yes, check the mute switch. Make shure its all black and not showing red. I used to carry my iPhone naked in my pocket for 2 weeks and it managed to accidentally switch to mute on me 2 times.
this happens to me quite often. I wish they would have made this button flush with the phone so that it doesn't accidentally get muted all the time. Something similar to the treo 755p mute switch would have been great.

iAlex

Jun 27, 2007
Check the little Mute switch on the side of the phone. You might have it in the OFF position.
thanks you sir.. it indeed was the mute switch.. the nearest mac store is a hour and a half away from Santa Barbara .. i guess i need to go down there anyways.. my macbook battery needs to be looked at..