Ringer volume?

Antmf

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
Is it it me or is the ringer volume not that loud? Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how to make it louder or maybe a ringtone that is recorded louder or something? Thanks...

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Go into sounds, and make sure the sound volume is all the way up (it happened to me bfore...somehow it went down to a lower level).

Also make sure the ringer on the side is all the way up (not trying to be a ********* with that suggestion, but I have run into stranger things)

I had this problem at first, too.....at least I thought I did. The vibrate and volume do appear to be much lighter than my previous phone, but so far with the ringtones I have, i can hear most of them without any issue.

You can make ringtones form songs that are loud/alarming...that is what I have done for some (i.e the beginning of Time by Pink Floyd, with all the alarms....very noticeable).

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
When I make my ringtones, I record them at a louder than normal volume so that when my phone volume is not maximized, my ring is still loud.

nbdiver

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
This might be a dumb question but is there a way to control the volume for normal phone sounds like incoming texts etc.?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
This might be a dumb question but is there a way to control the volume for normal phone sounds like incoming texts etc.?
Not really. It would have to be adjusted with the volume control which is not a very good way to have to do it.

arts11

Jul 25, 2008
Go into sounds, and make sure the sound volume is all the way up (it happened to me bfore...somehow it went down to a lower level).
This seems to happen to me all the time. When I go into settings I find that the "ring volume" seems to have reset itself to the lowest setting even after I previously set it to the highest setting. And then when I check the physical volume buttons on the side, the volume meter is like only half way when previously I set it to full.

Along w/ those annoyances and a slew of other small, but annoying quirks, I just can't wait until firmware 2.1 comes out.

Jul 29, 2008
If your iPhone is hacked (Jailbreak) launch installer and search for an app called "iAmp"
It will increase the maximum speaker output and doesn't sound distorted (except music, but you can adjust the volume easily for that) It's an awesome App.

Maybe the App store has something like that.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
What are you using to edit your ringtones? Like kisstine said, in most programs you can make the clip at a louder volume than the source that way it is extra loud when playing on the iPhone. I've done this with some of my softer ringtones and it has worked pretty well.

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Same thing happens here, but this happened to me on my V1 all along. So not a new issue for me. I used to wonder how it was that I kept resetting the slider, but now that I see others mention it, then I wonder what the deal is to make the change permanent.

Toxic Gecko

Bronze
Mar 29, 2008
Does anyone know or has anyone tried to do the 2G needle speaker mod on the 3G yet? Does the 3G even have the same film under the speaker grill like the 2G?

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
yes i have noticed the iPhone ring volume and vibration intensity is way lower than typical phones, even the v1 was like this, but i guess im used to it now

cabinets

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Atlanta Ga
for those whose ringer volume adjusts downward by itself...do a restore. It took me a couple of restores but this fixed it.