Rings to Voice Mail

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Is there any way to set the number of rings/time before the call switches into voice mail? It seems a bit quick for me. I am to be too slow to get the phone answered. It would be nice to increase the wait time prior to the iPhone entering voice mail. I checked a few simple things but did not find anything on the iPhone to change.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I found this via The Google. I don't know if it works.

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Thanks, but that site did not help. That seems to be for another phone(s). I went the the ATT account to see if there was some setting for ring time but I did not find anything.

Mr. Glass

Jun 24, 2007
The only way to do it is to call ATT (*611 from your cell) and have their reps change the number of rings you want before voicemail. The max you can go to is 30 seconds of ringing. Been a Cingulair/ATT customer for awhile and this is the only way they allow you to do this.

DeadSpider

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Vacherie,Louisiana
The only way to do it is to call ATT (*611 from your cell) and have their reps change the number of rings you want before voicemail. The max you can go to is 30 seconds of ringing. Been a Cingulair/ATT customer for awhile and this is the only way they allow you to do this.
I second this, I had to do this a few months back.

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
30 seconds? 30? My wife will really struggle with this as her iPhone is deep in her pocket book. I think also the ring, even at full volume, is too low. But still, 30 seconds. I guess visual voice mail will get some use. So what does that work out to in rings.....4?