Ringtone and Game (media) volumes

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by TarekElsakka, Feb 29, 2016.

1. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

Hey there

I'd like to be able to change the volume of games independently since it seems like my phone changes the ringtone volume as well, so is there any way to do that?

Thanks!

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I'm not sure this is exactly what you're looking for, but it sounds like it.

Go to the Settings app and under Sounds turn off "Change with Buttons" under Ringer And Alerts. The volume buttons will change the volume for music, games, and other apps, but ringtones, alarms and other alert sounds will still come through at full volume (or whatever you set the slider to.)

#2 Kadelic, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  3. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

Thank you. I have enabled the setting and I believe it works now.

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I have "change with buttons" enabled, and mine works fine. It only works if you're changing the volume while nothing is playing. If a Ringtone is playing, you can still change the volume, regardless of how you have the "change with buttons" set. The same is true with other sounds such as with games and music. I have the change with buttons toggled on. But if I lower the volume of a game's sound while it's playing, it doesn't affect my Ringtone/alert volume. It is a bit confusing.

#4 Ledsteplin, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016