Ringtone Converter: where is "iTunes Ringtones Library" (Step 10)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Little-Acorn, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Little-Acorn

Little-Acorn Member
    Bronze

I'm trying to use Ringtone Converter, and I must be the only guy on the planet stupid enough to screw up its fairly straightforward instructions. I'm an iPhone newbie, in case that's not obvious from the message below.

I used the App Store on my 3GS (32GB, 5.0.1) to purchase a nice song. Then I used Ringtone Converter to chop off the first 30 seconds of it. It appears to have successfuly converted those 30 seconds into a ringtone. All this was done on the iPhone itself, without its being connected to a computer.

Then I plugged it into my PC computer, figured out how to sync it (first time I've ever synced an iPhone), and synced it, I think. Now I'm looking at iTunes on the computer, clicked the Apps tab, and under "File Sharing" I see "Converter" listed on the left under Apps, and the title of the ringtone on the right under Converter Documents.

I'm now looking at the "Ringtone Converter How-to" on the iPhone, and following the steps. I've saved the ringtone to the computer, in a directory I created for the purpose, and I'm now looking at Step 10. Step 10 says "Drop and drag ringtones into the 'iTunes Ringtones Library'."

Here's the problem. I know how to drop-and-drag (normally I call it Drag and Drop, any difference?)... but I can't find anything anywhere, on iTunes, or my PC, or on the iPhone, called "iTunes Ringtone Library".

What or where is it?

Is that just a generic name for the directory I just created on my PC to save the ringtones in?

Also, the next step (Step 11) says: Under "Devices" make sure your iPhone "Ringtones" tab is set to "Sync All Ringtones" and "Sync" your iPhone.

Problem with this one is, there is no "Ringtones" tab under "Devices". There are seven tabs across the top, they are Summary, Info, Apps, Music, Movies, TV Shows, Photos. On the left sidebar under "Devices" is the name of my iPhone, and below that are four headings: Music, Movies, TV Show, Purchased.

Anybody know where this "Ringtones" tab is supposed to be?

Thanks all......

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Duplicate thread deleted. Please only start one thread per topic. Thanks.

3. Little-Acorn

Little-Acorn Member
    Bronze

Sorry, not sure how that happened. I was editing the original, and I must have clicked a wrong button. Poof, there was a duplicate. I tried to edit that and delete its contents, when I got an error on it. Jumped back into the iPhone forum and it was gone. Thanks for deleting.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No problem. :)

5. daddyd302

daddyd302 Member
    Bronze

6. Little-Acorn

Little-Acorn Member
    Bronze

daddyd302, thank you! I followed the instructions in this video, and it (mostly) seemed to work. After I dragged the shortened song to the desktop on my PC, I can click on it and it plays just as I wanted, and cuts off in 30 seconds. Then I dragged that short .m4r version to the "Music" section under LIBRARY (not under DEVICES), and iTunes created a new section called TONES. When I click on TONES, then it's in there.

Then plugged in the iPhone, let the PC recognize it, and told iTunes to Sync. It went through the whole Sync thing, and finished.

Now in iTunes under DEVICES, when I click the name of my iPhone, there is an extra section called Tones... but the song isn't in there.
    And when I tap Settings on the iPhone itself, and Sounds, and Ringtones, I can't find this shortened song there - only the original ringtones the phone came with.

Should the song be in Tones under my iPhone's name? And should it be in Ringtones in Settings on the iPhone itself?

7. Little-Acorn

Little-Acorn Member
    Bronze

Never mind, got it!

iTunes/Devices/Tones/Sync Tones! Check it off!

Then Sync it!