ringtone maker ?

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
is there any good free or really cheep ringtone makers for the phone ? i don't mind paying for them on iTunes, it just they don't have ever band i like able to make as ringtones

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
is there any good free or really cheep ringtone makers for the phone ? i don't mind paying for them on iTunes, it just they don't have ever band i like able to make as ringtones

Audacity is a freeware and works great. just google:)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I've got SoundForge and it works really well, however, I'm not sure if it's free because I had someone else put it on my comp.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
i have tryed that b3 for and wasn't sure how it works lol
Here is some info for you in case you don't know and for others:

1. Find a song you want to use as a ringtone.
2. Use whatever program you use to "clip" a section under 30 seconds long.(Audacity is a Freeware Program)
3. Double click the shortened file and it will go into the "Music" section of iTunes and it will start to play.
4. Right click on the file and choose the "Convert to AAC" from the drop down menu.
5. You will now have two of the same files in the iTunes Music Playlist.
6. Right click on one of the two and choose "show in (to locate the file) explorer."
7. Right click on the song with the m4a to m4r extension. You can delete the other one from that folder. If you don't see the file extension then you need to open your Explorer (myComputer) go to tools/folder options/view then go and make sure you have un-checked next to "Hide extensions for known file types".
8. Change the extension from m4a to m4r.
9 Go to iTunes and delete BOTH of the files from the playlist. Just make sure you click on "keep files."
10. Now go back to the folder you have the m4r file and double click it. It should go into the "ringtone folder" of iTunes.
11. Connect your iPhone, click on the "ringtone" tab and the song you need will be on the list. Check the check box and press the apply button lower right

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
after i import a file and change it to acc then what do i do ? just put it in the ringtones part and it will go on my phone ?

Dukeboy0169

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
KNK Is The MAN!

I just got my iPhone yesterday. Im good with PC's but I wasn't really looking forward to learning all this crazy stuff about the iPhone just so I can add custom ringtones and other features that should have come standard with a $400 phone. Jailbreaking, summerboards, downgrading... jeez. Anyway, this solution was exactly what I was looking for so I could use custom ringtones. I cant thank you enough.

Is it possible to use this type of method to also add custom tones for text messaging and voicemail alerts? I noticed this only makes your ringtones available for voice calls. Please let me know, and thanks again so much!

LJ

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
changing system sounds is a little different than ringtones but it can be done. The easiest would be to jail break and use ibrickr. Your ringtones are m4r format and system sounds are .caf files. Search these forums or maybe when KKK wakes up he will continue to hold your hand... Either way, good luck and welcome.

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
changing system sounds is a little different than ringtones but it can be done. The easiest would be to jail break and use ibrickr. Your ringtones are m4r format and system sounds are .caf files. Search these forums or maybe when KKK wakes up he will continue to hold your hand... Either way, good luck and welcome.
Any way to do it without jailbreak phone?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
KKK?...roflmao:p

Jun 21, 2007
knk i followed your directions exactly and i got the ringtone to show up under the ringtones section and everything...but when i try to sync my phone to add it...it tells me that it couldn't add it because the iPhone can't play that type of file...i have a 1.1.1 unlocked phone and using tmobile if it makes any difference...but i tried it with a friend of mine that has 1.1.2 otb jailbroken phone and it worked fine.