Ringtone Nightmare!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ozzystrong

Bronze
Nov 12, 2007
I have used "iringer" and the rogue amoeba "iringtonemaker" and the worst thing is the ringtones i have made are in the ringtones section on iTunes and on my iPhone but i can't hear them on the phone (they won't play) i have jailbroken + unlocked 1.1.1 and i swear if i have to hear "marimba" one more time i will go mad! Is there anywhere i can just download ringtones or something? Thanks

mikelarry

Oct 10, 2007
I have used "iringer" and the rogue amoeba "iringtonemaker" and the worst thing is the ringtones i have made are in the ringtones section on iTunes and on my iPhone but i can't hear them on the phone (they won't play) i have jailbroken + unlocked 1.1.1 and i swear if i have to hear "marimba" one more time i will go mad! Is there anywhere i can just download ringtones or something? Thanks
Easy...just upgrade to 1.1.2.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
I cant it's unlocked. So i cant update.
You can - it just gets a bit more complicated.....

RESTORE iPhone to 1.1.2 (to get the new baseband installed)
RESTORE iPhone to 1.0.2 (will not downgrade the baseband, requires DFU!)
Jailbreak, activate, install and run anySIM 1.2(.1u) – after running it you should be able to make calls on 1.0.2!
RESTORE iPhone to 1.1.1
Use the jailbreakme.com method (see links in the 1.1.1 section!) to jailbreak and activate 1.1.1.
Use Installer.app to install OktoPrep (from the Tweaks 1.1.1 menu)
UPGRADE (not RESTORE) to 1.1.2.
Install a patched lockdownd to activate your iPhone

... and, breath out slowly (just wait until we're on version 1.9!)

ozzystrong

Bronze
Nov 12, 2007
You can - it just gets a bit more complicated.....

RESTORE iPhone to 1.1.2 (to get the new baseband installed)
RESTORE iPhone to 1.0.2 (will not downgrade the baseband, requires DFU!)
Jailbreak, activate, install and run anySIM 1.2(.1u) – after running it you should be able to make calls on 1.0.2!
RESTORE iPhone to 1.1.1
Use the jailbreakme.com method (see links in the 1.1.1 section!) to jailbreak and activate 1.1.1.
Use Installer.app to install OktoPrep (from the Tweaks 1.1.1 menu)
UPGRADE (not RESTORE) to 1.1.2.
Install a patched lockdownd to activate your iPhone

... and, breath out slowly (just wait until we're on version 1.9!)
I would love to do that long list of incredible things but your speaking to someone who paid quite a bit extra for an unlocked iPhone, so doing all that stuff is WAY over my head! Thanks though.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Update your iPhoneringtonemaker to 1.4.4. I am also on 1.1.1 and the IPRTM works fine for me, I just have to resend them to the phone after I sync - and it has a button for that.