Ringtone not shown on ringtone menu?

Jul 27, 2008
So i made a ringtone and then synced it to my iPhone and when i try to change the ringtone , it is not shown on the screen. help?

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
More info is needed. Did you import the ringtone into iTunes and, if so, have you verified that it is in the ringtone section of your library in iTune?. Also, what iPhone are you syncing and with what version of iTunes... Mac or PC?

Jul 29, 2008
Winter Park, FL
My daughter had a similar problem with her 3g and iTunes. She checked them off one at a time and synced each time and then they all made it. She had the problem again, removed them all, then synced them all back again and they all showed up. I haven't ever had the problem with my iTunes/PC/iPhone.

Jul 27, 2008
More info is needed. Did you import the ringtone into iTunes and, if so, have you verified that it is in the ringtone section of your library in iTune?. Also, what iPhone are you syncing and with what version of iTunes... Mac or PC?
Uhm yeah i made sure it was in the libarary in iTunes. im syncing my iPhone 3g 16 gigs and it is 7.7 windows Xp

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
toast bread.

- download a song then put it in iTunes
- click on info and change to time to 29 seconds of the song you want
- convert it over to ACC
- right click on the converted song and choose show in windows explorer
- change the file extension from a to r
- click on yes rename the file
- drag it to ringtones then sync your phone

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
So if it shows up in the Ringtone section of your Library then I imagine it's also a .m4r file right?

In your Ringtone tab in iTunes do you have Sync ringtones checked? All ringtones? Selected ringtones?

Jul 27, 2008
toast bread.

- download a song then put it in iTunes
- click on info and change to time to 29 seconds of the song you want
- convert it over to ACC
- right click on the converted song and choose show in windows explorer
- change the file extension from a to r
- click on yes rename the file
- drag it to ringtones then sync your phone
yeah i did the exact same thing. the problem is not that but after i sync the iPhone with my laptop, it doesn't show as a ring tone on my iPhone 3g anymore.
Actually.. it doesn't even show in the menu.

Jul 27, 2008
So if it shows up in the Ringtone section of your Library then I imagine it's also a .m4r file right?

In your Ringtone tab in iTunes do you have Sync ringtones checked? All ringtones? Selected ringtones?
Yeah i pressed sync all ringtones.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
One last thing, the Custom ringtones are listed above the Standard ringtones on the iPhone. Have you scrolled all the way to the top of the standard tones to get to where the custom ones are listed?

TyWebb

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Paradise, FL, USA
One last thing, the Custom ringtones are listed above the Standard ringtones on the iPhone. Have you scrolled all the way to the top of the standard tones to get to where the custom ones are listed?
Yep I was also gonna say double check that. When I was first creating ringtones I would open up the iPhone and fire to the bottom of the list looking for it. I wouldn't see them listed and I didn't think it was working. They are listed in a separate section ABOVE the standard ringtones.