Ringtone Problem On 1.1.2

ritzthekracker

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Hey guys I am having a problem since updating my iPhone to 1.1.2. I have everything installed correctly including customize and have my phone set to use my personal ringtone but for some odd reason the phone likes to switch between my ringtone and a generic iPhone ringtone, is there anyway to fix this.

And one last question is I was hanging out with some friends that have the iPhone who havnt modded theirs yet and for some reason their speakers are much louder then mine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
just about every post I have seen about customize and 1.1.2 is a report of a problem. As far as ringtines, how are you putting them on? It makes a little bit of a difference as to how you are putting them on the phone. Do a search on here for different options.
as far as ring tone volume, it's partly the recorded volume of the ringtone itself. Plus, each audible function is independently controled. Headphones, ringer, speaker, iPod, etc. all are individual. At least on 1.1.1...
Make sure that the volume is up for whatever function you are using, and in iTunes, increase the volume of whatever audio file you think is low.

ritzthekracker

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
i am using iTunes to create my ringtones, using a method i read on the forums. i have the files converted at the highest quality through iTunes. As for my speaker issues i am having the problem with using the speaker phone on my phone as well as when playing music.

ritzthekracker

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
sorry forgot to add this in but when i use the speaker phone the i can barely hear the phone ringing or the person talking and at times i was not able to hear anything at all until i took the phone off of speakerphone. Could this be a iPhone issue at all?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I personally was never able to add ringtones with the "iTunes method".
I bought iPhoneringtonemaker, and it works like a charm.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
your speakerphone has ALWAYS sucked. Noone here will tell you any different. Youd have to be in a library to use that piss poor speaker phone. Ringer volume and ipod volume shouldnt be too bad. I added a volume hack you can find on modmyifone for 1.0.2 that substantially increased my volume. don't count on your speakerphone ever working the way you want to...

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
I personally was never able to add ringtones with the "iTunes method".

While on 1.1.2 (such as the OP) I have had absolutely zero issues with adding ring tones through iTunes. I did have problems with Customize AND Sendsong and now use the iTunes method exclusively. With both Sendsong and Customize I would lose my ring tone after a synch or for no reason at all. But with the iTunes method I have never lost my ring tone after a synch or any other time.