Ringtone question..

foamtech

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
i had my iPhone of about 4 month now and i am still uesing the ringtons that came in it ..i am still uesing 1.0.2 version ..can anyone tell me an easy way to get free ringtons to my iPhone ..thanks

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
It is a rather long post but not that hard to do. Just do a search and you will find the steps that you need. If you are jailbroken there might be a different method, but still not that hard.

sportychick

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
Georgia
Trust me if I can do it - anyone can! LOL It was super easy..:p

bunkery2k

Oct 28, 2007
You could always get 'iPhone ringtone maker' works a treat

foamtech

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
are u saying i should do it now be4 the new update ? yes myiPhone is jailbroken ..So what do i need to do again ?

Until the next iPhone update and then you wait weeks before ringtone maker works again.:mad:

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
are u saying i should do it now be4 the new update ? yes myiPhone is jailbroken ..So what do i need to do again ?
What I am saying is everytime there is an update for the iPhone ringtone maker becomes useless until they can find a fix to work with the latest update. This usually takes weeks before you can use ringtone maker again. The free method that is posted here has worked with all previous updates.

foamtech

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
but if i don't have a ringtone then i need to create it fisrt ..Right ? i just down loaded wavepad ...am i on the right track ?
What I am saying is everytime there is an update for the iPhone ringtone maker becomes useless until they can find a fix to work with the latest update. This usually takes weeks before you can use ringtone maker again. The free method that is posted here has worked with all previous updates.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
but if i don't have a ringtone then i need to create it fisrt ..Right ? i just down loaded wavepad ...am i on the right track ?
Yes. Just make sure your ringtone clip us under 30 seconds. Seems that anything over will not work. If you follow the steps posted above you shouldn't have any problem and you can make as many tones as you want for free.

foamtech

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
so after downloading the software ..it did not let me convert the file to m4r cos i don't have the paid version ..so can u please tell me which softwear would let me convert without having to buy a full virsion on the softwear thanks ...
Yes. Just make sure your ringtone clip us under 30 seconds. Seems that anything over will not work. If you follow the steps posted above you shouldn't have any problem and you can make as many tones as you want for free.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
After you have made your clip, go to step 3. The conversion will take care of itself.

foamtech

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
but ..that software is not leting me convert to m4r ...at all ..
After you have made your clip, go to step 3. The conversion will take care of itself.

foamtech

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
thanks 4 your help but it said (This has only been tested by me, on iTunes 7.6 and 1.1.3 software) and since i am still uesing 1.0.2 then i don't want to do somthing that is not tested yet ..
OK. I understand. Try this link. It lets you use iTunes to do everything.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
It does work, but if you don't want to upgrade get Audacity and go back to the original method listed in this post. Audacity is free and will let you convert.

foamtech

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
thanks 4 you help .. but i am still trying to find out why my phone would not get the ringtone to its folder insted it stays as a song and when i unplug the phone is tells me that iPhone did not copy the ringtones do u know why or what should i do ? thanks again ..

Last edited by a moderator:

foamtech

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
thanks again ..yes i did duble click on that and you are right .they went to itune but not to the ringtone but to the librery folder ..