Ringtone Rumor?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Amazingly this is my biggest hang up with the iPhone. I mean come on. I have a Sony Ericsson W810i and I put music on the memory card and I can use all the songs as ringtones. This is just ridiculous. Will it stop me from getting one...no but I wish they would let me use my music the way I want to.

alan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
iphone.mycustomproduct.com
the fee makes no sense. You're already able to play those tracks on the iPhone, so having to pay again to play part of them makes no sense. I wonder if someone is just confused or if there's really another fee.

That's one (small) reason I've been looking forward to the iPhone. The belief Apple wouldn't charge fees for you to use clips of songs you already paid for as ring tones.

May 12, 2007
I think the bigger issue here is Apple forcing you to use only I Tunes bought music for the iPhone.
If Apple is trying to separate itself from Microsoft this is a bad start.
Paying around $650.00 w tax for a phone and then charging $1.99 for the right to make a ringtone sounds very microsoftish. You can make a ringtone for free with almost any other phone on the market today.

Superfreaknduper

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I agree, if you bought the song on iTunes don't you now own the listening rights to it...and those listening rights or what-have you would include whatever 20 second segment that would be the ring tone....

/hijack
get outta here you decepticon S.O.B! GO AUTOBOTS!
/hijack (just a joke)