ringtone ... wavepad ?

foamtech

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Hi ..i am still useing 1.0.2 version and i been trying to add ringtones to my iPhone but after i download wavepad ..i could not get the software to convert form m4a to m4r ..please tell me what do i need to do to converte it or if there is other software that i need to use ..thanks a lot ..

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
First use wavepad to cut down the ringtone to what you would like.

Then in iTunes, go into the Preferences, and make sure that in Advanced > Importing, your import settings are set to 'Import using AAC Encoder'. Then import your ringtone into iTunes. Next, right click it, and select Convert selection to AAC. Then place the converted file onto your desktop and rename it's extension to .m4r.

It sounds like it takes a lot longer that it really does.

- John

foamtech

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
thanks again ..i have done all those steps and i have the ringtone in my itune librert the only problem that i have is in the ringtone folder is still empty even ewhen i got the file named as ringtone mr4 ...
First use wavepad to cut down the ringtone to what you would like.

Then in iTunes, go into the Preferences, and make sure that in Advanced > Importing, your import settings are set to 'Import using AAC Encoder'. Then import your ringtone into iTunes. Next, right click it, and select Convert selection to AAC. Then place the converted file onto your desktop and rename it's extension to .m4r.

It sounds like it takes a lot longer that it really does.

- John

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Ar e you using iToner? If not, download it here. It's dead simple to use; just make sure you have the .m4r file, and drag it into the iPhone.

- John

foamtech

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
ar u saying i should do that even if i am still useing 1.0.2 ?
Ar e you using iToner? If not, download it here. It's dead simple to use; just make sure you have the .m4r file, and drag it into the iPhone.

- John

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
iToner does work with 1.12. It is Shareware, however you can download it as an unlimited trial. The only thing different about the registered version is that you do not have to wait 30 seconds before your ringtone is uploaded.

- John