Ringtones for1.1.4?

jclue

Feb 26, 2008
Does anyone know how to put ringtones on with 1.1.4? I tried converting it to acc and renaming it, but when i drop it into the ringtones on iTunes, the ringtone disappears! All my tones using this method are still there after syncing a few times and still work. Possibly a "bug" they fixed?

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Possibly a "bug" they fixed?

Wow! Sounds more like they destroyed it. I'll have to try installing a new ringtine tonight to see if mine still works or not.

Anyone else having problems?

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
I tried to drag and drop ringtones after installing 1.1.4 and they didn't install. However, iPhoneRingToneMaker still works! (Don't hurt me, OJ!)

Hookem99

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
Deep in the heart of Texas
I tried to drag and drop ringtones after installing 1.1.4 and they didn't install. However, iPhoneRingToneMaker still works! (Don't hurt me, OJ!)
I made 3 yesterday using the method described by RylenolFlu in a post yesterday, and it worked like a charm for me. My wife has had issues with ring tones since 1.1.3, but thats a whole other post!

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines

no, no....I made a deal with Hondamaker NOT to abuse iPhoneringtonemaker anymore....You know how I feel, though..........

jclue

Feb 26, 2008
ok well I'm an ass. You can't drag and drop the ringtone anymore, you have to just dub click it and it'll go right to your ringtones in iTunes. Sorry for wasting time lol

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
It's weird, I've seen it go the other way. So basically if you got one that double-clicking doesn't work for, drag-n-drop it. And vice versa.