ringtones from iTunes?

Mar 1, 2008
Hey everyone! I am soo new to the iPhone world! I jus took back my palm centro and got myself the iPhone yesterday! I followed the directions on the Apple site about how to make em on itune.. but I am having a few problems with it..
1) the ringtones sound muffled and horrible and I dunno if anyone can fix that lol! I wish!

2) I have three soo far and I put all three in my ringtones on my iPhone but they all come up the same song.. like for example i got missy elliot and ray j and fat joe when i put the ray j song on its there then i put the missy song on and it shows up duplicate! I didn't know I was only able to save one custom ringtone? I am planning on using certain ones for certain callers.. If anyone could help I would really appricaite it! I been trying to figure this thing out for hours. I have 1.1.4 firmware! Anyone know where else I can get or make ringtones for beginners learning to figure this out lol! Thanks guys soo much! Sorry for the book!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Hey everyone! I am soo new to the iPhone world! I jus took back my palm centro and got myself the iPhone yesterday! I followed the directions on the Apple site about how to make em on itune.. but I am having a few problems with it..
1) the ringtones sound muffled and horrible and I dunno if anyone can fix that lol! I wish!

2) I have three soo far and I put all three in my ringtones on my iPhone but they all come up the same song.. like for example i got missy elliot and ray j and fat joe when i put the ray j song on its there then i put the missy song on and it shows up duplicate! I didn't know I was only able to save one custom ringtone? I am planning on using certain ones for certain callers.. If anyone could help I would really appricaite it! I been trying to figure this thing out for hours. I have 1.1.4 firmware! Anyone know where else I can get or make ringtones for beginners learning to figure this out lol! Thanks guys soo much! Sorry for the book!
Just follow the steps in this thread to add all the ring tones you need.

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...rks-with-the-new-1-1-2-firmware-update.14729/

Good luck!

Saint

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
NJ & NYC
About the duplicate ring tones showing up on your iPhone, you have to go into iTunes > iTunes Summary > and then check the box that says "Sync only checked songs and videos". After that, go check the ringtones you want, then sync, and they will show up on your phone.

A good and easy ring tone maker that I use is :
http://iPhone.heinleins.com/?u=4110604560&v=1.0.0.1

Its easy to use and even gives tutorials and automatically places the ring tone in iTunes for you after your done.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
About the duplicate ring tones showing up on your iPhone, you have to go into iTunes > iTunes Summary > and then check the box that says "Sync only checked songs and videos". After that, go check the ringtones you want, then sync, and they will show up on your phone.

Its easy to use and even gives tutorials and automatically places the ring tone in iTunes for you after your done.
That looks like a good program to use. It reminds me of Videora for iPhone in the way it imports the ring tone into iTunes for your next sync.

Mar 1, 2008
That looks like a good program to use. It reminds me of Videora for iPhone in the way it imports the ring tone into iTunes for your next sync.
Thanks you guys for all your replies I am gonna try it when I get home! Any1 know why they sound soo horrible though? I mean they sound soo muffled it makes me sad! But thanks guys I hope I figure it out LOL!

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
You can also try this tread for some good ringtones
visit www.m4r.us

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 1, 2008
Does anyone know why my ringtines sound so awful n muffled? I expected volume quality to not b that great but it sounds awful any reasons of y? Or suggestions on wad to do to fix it? Thanks again all of you! I appreciate it!

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
where did you download from? How does the file u use sound on a computer

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me

do you know a way to fix this without having to sync? i use the manual manage thing

Mar 1, 2008
I got the songs from iTunes and when I previewed them on the comp before I completed the purchase of the tone I was making. I am afraid there is something wrong wid my phone. It jus sucks because they sound soo horrible!

Saint

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
NJ & NYC
do you know a way to fix this without having to sync? i use the manual manage thing
Thats exactly why the songs are showing up as duplicates, its because you are using the manual manage option. The only way to make it work is pick the option "sync only songs and videos checked". Its the same thing as doing it manually because you have to go in there and check what you want and uncheck what you don't want.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Does anyone know why my ringtines sound so awful n muffled? I expected volume quality to not b that great but it sounds awful any reasons of y? Or suggestions on wad to do to fix it? Thanks again all of you! I appreciate it!
all of my itunes-created ringtones sound great. if you're using a case for your iPhone, are you sure it's not blocking the speaker on the iPhone? the speaker is on the bottom left on your iPhone (the right side is the microphone).

Mar 1, 2008
I took the case off thinkin that was the problem, it wasn't it tho! The one sounds ok but the other 2 sound horrible and I dunno wad to do! Should I try making sum more and If does it again contact Apple?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Use another program to edit the songs down to ringtone size. Audacity has a good free program, or try that link Saint posted.