Ringtones not showing up

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Spaniard85

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
I've used the walkthrough on this site, which is amazing BTW, and everything seems to be working out correctly until the end. I'm getting all the steps right, as the ringtones show up in the Ringtones tab in iTunes and I can choose to sync them. They don't show up in my ringtones on my iPhone though. All I see are the same boring ones. Help is greatly appreciated!

Spaniard85

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Hmm... search only found this thread...

I just don't understand how this isn't working. I used the trial version of iPhone Ringtone Maker a few days ago to add a few, but of course those were lost after I synced again.

Jan 16, 2010
A possible solution! :d

First off I DON'T SYNC so don't yell at me if this doesn't work lol. I just use "manually manage music & videos"

ok so I was having no luck with the advice from other forums so I just started messing around on my own.

Here's what was causing me to have problems with the ringtones not showing up:

I was dragging the file to the iPhone directly after I had converted it to m4r

how I solved it:

I dragged the ringtone first to iTunes library. After it's been copied, drag it from iTunes to your iPhone. I guess the ringtone actually needs to be in iTunes for iPhone to register it or something? I don't know but it works for me.

This has worked for me and I haven't had problems anymore.

Jan 16, 2010
Also...

If you haven't deleted the original ACC files, then that could also be the problem. Make sure there is no trace of them in iTunes.

iPhone ringtones can be up to 40 seconds long btw