Ringtones on 7.6 with manually manage music

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Running original day 1 iPhone, unlocked with iPhoneSimFree, 1.1.2 jailbroken SW and iTunes on Mac OS-X 10.5.1. All ringtone tried are 'official' ringtones generated via iTunes store

Maybe its me but here's another iTunes 7.6 'feature' (dare I say bug).

If you set manually manage music and videos to yes and set Ringtone tone sync to yes - it does not sync them when you sync your iPhone, you have to manually copy them to the iPhone via drag and drop. And then you end up with corrupted names and ringtones (all have the same name and tone on iPhone, names is correct but multiple copies of the same tone, number of copies is same as the origianl number of ringtones 7 tone give 7 X the same tone) - I think its not transfering all the required data. The will play but who whans X copies of the same tone.

If you first copy them via sync (when they copy correctly, tone matches label and ringtone) then there are no issues and they will stay on the phone even when you change back to manually manage music content.

This bug will be a pian when you add new ringtones to the phone when you manage your music manually

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Running original day 1 iPhone, unlocked with iPhoneSimFree, 1.1.2 jailbroken SW and iTunes on Mac OS-X 10.5.1

Maybe its me but here's another iTunes 7.6 'feature'.

If you set manually manage music and videos to yes and set Ringtone tone sync to yes - it does not sync them, you have to manually copy them to the iPhone via drag and drop.

Note turning sync off does not remove them once copied to iPhone

I have my settings to manual and do not have problems with the ringtones I made myself syncing with the phone.