Ringtones.... Please Help Me!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 27, 2007
Hello everyone.... I am not so good when it comes to my iPhone but I am trying to make ringtones out of my songs by using an audio converter/editor. I just want to know what the file type needs to be so it will work when I put it in my ringtones folder. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME

Itrekman

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Hello everyone.... I am not so good when it comes to my iPhone but I am trying to make ringtones out of my songs by using an audio converter/editor. I just want to know what the file type needs to be so it will work when I put it in my ringtones folder. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME

ways to get ringtones

iTunes = pay $2.00 and selection is crappy

iPhoneringtonemaker = you make your own ringtone for $14.99 but since the 1.1.1 update it has not worked they did release a beta for the new 1.1.1 update that im using but it works and it doesn't work.

you can jailbrake or unlock it and install Apps people have uploaded some ringtones that way also.

if you use MAC you can also use Itoner

other than that im not sure what other way you can upload custom ringtones

Aug 27, 2007
iBrickr is great, it does ringtones, applications and NES roms. google it... does not work with 1.1.1 though

I know about ibrickr. But in ibrickr the ringtone starts at the beginning of the song. Is there anyway to edit the song and save it in a format that can be put on the iPhone?

ucla24

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
If you want nice free ringtones....jailbreak 1.1.1 and download the alpha/beta version iPhoneringtonemaker and you're set. They work great and sound nice and loud.

saplingg

Oct 22, 2007
I know about ibrickr. But in ibrickr the ringtone starts at the beginning of the song. Is there anyway to edit the song and save it in a format that can be put on the iPhone?

I dunno of any programs that specifically do that, but there are many sound editing tools like Cakewalk Sonar, Garageband, Audacity (is free) which are able to do so.

Aug 27, 2007
I dunno of any programs that specifically do that, but there are many sound editing tools like Cakewalk Sonar, Garageband, Audacity (is free) which are able to do so.

I have a an audio editing program. Do you know the file type I need to save it in for it to work on my iPhone?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Quicktime Pro allows you to open mp3's and "trim" them to whatever portion of the song you place between the cutting marks. Using this you can cut any mp3 down to the part of the song you want as your ring tone. Save it once finished then use iBrickr to upload it to the phone.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
ways to get ringtones

iTunes = pay $2.00 and selection is crappy

iPhoneringtonemaker = you make your own ringtone for $14.99 but since the 1.1.1 update it has not worked they did release a beta for the new 1.1.1 update that im using but it works and it doesn't work.

you can jailbrake or unlock it and install Apps people have uploaded some ringtones that way also.

if you use MAC you can also use Itoner

other than that im not sure what other way you can upload custom ringtones
It's $0.99, not $2.00.