Ringtones will come soon enough

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Wait for updates that includes ringtones and other Features .
Good things come to those who wait ..

I read and read on here people modding there iPhones and putting ringtones on a certain way . all i can say is When Apple comes out with an easy update to do it, it will be so much better . no worrying about will it work when I update . so some advice . wait for Apple to come out with updates. don't come crying on here " oh my gosh i have to restore because i modded my iPhone.
or " oh no put ringtones on my iPhone and the update won't work "
it's pretty silly . of course it will . its good info to know that and post it .
of course it will do that . its not part of the iPhone yet .

so Wait ! its just funny... oh my gosh i can't wait to get home to update my iPhone . ill post what happeneds. -- I read online what happened .
Bug fixes the first iPhone update . wow what a surprise . kinda sucks it will go down in history . the first ever iPhone update was a security one .
not flash or ringtones .

FLASH will come / ringtones will come / more to come. :laugh2:

JUST WAIT FOR IT

FAsnakes

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Why wait for tomorrow when you can have it today? If you want to wait it out, awesome for you. For most the iPhone is a luxury, an expendable luxury that many can afford to experiment with.

BTW, it’s very possible to re-install ringtones after an upgrade.

Sincerely,
Enjoy your Marimba…

Last edited by a moderator:

prmdbr

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007

I read and read on here people modding there iPhones and putting ringtones on a certain way . all i can say is When Apple comes out with an easy update to do it, it will be so much better . no worrying about will it work when I update . so some advice . wait for Apple to come out with updates. don't come crying on here " oh my gosh i have to restore because i modded my iPhone.
it's pretty silly . of course it will . its good info to know that and post it .

so Wait ! its just funny... oh my gosh i can't wait to get home to update my iPhone . ill post what happeneds. -- I read online what happened .
Bug fixes the first iPhone update . wow what a surprise . kinda sucks it will go down in history . the first ever iPhone update was a security one .
not flash or ringtones .

JUST WAIT FOR IT

Apple will probably end up addressing only 10 percent of users wishes in this iPhone model. They will end up adding additional 'hero' features such as 'chat', a file system, true email in a few VERSION of the iPhone. It's the way Apple has always done businesss... I mean, just look at their OSX model. Mac users have been lulled into paying for what are essentially "service packs" just to get dribs and drabs of new features.

Long story short: The iPhone you have is the iPhone that will precede the better one.

Chew on that for a second.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007

not flash or ringtones .

JUST WAIT FOR IT
Use ifuntastic. Incredibly simple. Works on v 1.01. Worst comes to worst something goes crazy wrong and you have to restore. I don't see what the problem is with a restore it just has to resync everything back onto the unit. Takes maybe 2 hours tops?

Mr. Glass

Jun 24, 2007
I'm using iPhoneringtonemaker and it's extremely simple. Load your mp3, select the 30 sec's of music you want, click "make ringtone", then click "send to iPhone". Using it with 1.01 with no trouble.

I do, however, use Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9 to tweak any mp3 before making it a ringtone. Since no external phone speaker is good for bass I drop out any really low frequencies, up higher frequencies and then boost the volume 200db. Let me say, i've made 5 ringtones for the iPhone like this and it is hella loud (tons louder then with my old Razr).

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Apple will probably end up addressing only 10 percent of users wishes in this iPhone model. They will end up adding additional 'hero' features such as 'chat', a file system, true email in a few VERSION of the iPhone. It's the way Apple has always done businesss... I mean, just look at their OSX model. Mac users have been lulled into paying for what are essentially "service packs" just to get dribs and drabs of new features.

Long story short: The iPhone you have is the iPhone that will precede the better one.

Chew on that for a second.
Unfortunately, I agree with your general premise; I don't think Apple will give us all that for free. However there is a slight contradiction in what you said. If they follow the OSX model, we should be able to pay for a new OS version for the iPhone rather than having to buy a new one. I hope that's what happens rather than having to buy new phones. But I have a feeling this is all wishful thinking and we'll all be having to come up with major money for a new iPhone to get some of these features.

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
People who go on about how Apple are going to release all their software needs are starting to sound like the fundamentalists who keep insisting the end times are coming soon.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Apple isn't just going to throw together some update on a whim to satisfy a couple impatient people. You know they are going to make sure the updates that they have had on their agenda are created properly and gone through and tested. The other update was just security patches to take care of some issues brought to their attention, these issues were going to be made public so Apple had to release the patch before that happened. I'm sure that update was unscheduled. Scheduled updates should have more meat to them.......you know....things like new applications, as well as regular security patches. Alot of people are complaing about the last patch messing up their phones. I don't think that their problems stem from the update, because if that was the case EVERYONE'S phones would be messed up.

prmdbr

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
Alot of people are complaing about the last patch messing up their phones. I don't think that their problems stem from the update, because if that was the case EVERYONE'S phones would be messed up.
I hate to interrupt your Apple spin, but um.. my already tenuous Email configuration was badly dinged by the 1.0.1 update.

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
Unfortunately, I agree with your general premise; I don't think Apple will give us all that for free. However there is a slight contradiction in what you said. If they follow the OSX model, we should be able to pay for a new OS version for the iPhone rather than having to buy a new one. I hope that's what happens rather than having to buy new phones. But I have a feeling this is all wishful thinking and we'll all be having to come up with major money for a new iPhone to get some of these features.
exactly. i have wondered if Apple will develop an OS X Mobile and brand it as such. Thus, we can pay $59.99 or so for OS X Mobile 2.0 that includes new applications and functions. It would suck to have to pay that for custom tones and ichat, but they may do it. It could also shoot Apple in the foot as people will be pissed to pay that for functions other phones have had for years.

ichat and custom tones arent breakthrough things .. they are basic features. Apple is ridicules not to include them.

Norwest

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
People are just so impatient.

I for one am giving Apple until late October early November to silence the noise. If they don't do something by then I will join the chorus and complain about some basic features being missing 4-5 months after my purchase.

I have a feeling that they're going to give us some free stuff and show us some better stuff that will cost money.

Either way. Just give it up.

For now, I can live without iChat, copy and paste and notes syncing. Not too much past that though.

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
People are just so impatient.

I for one am giving Apple until late October early November to silence the noise. If they don't do something by then I will join the chorus and complain about some basic features being missing 4-5 months after my purchase.

I have a feeling that they're going to give us some free stuff and show us some better stuff that will cost money.

Either way. Just give it up.

For now, I can live without iChat, copy and paste and notes syncing. Not too much past that though.
I will give them till Leopard as well, but its tough to make excuses for the fact that such common things are missing from this $600 phone. No custom tones? No IM? No bluetooth transfer? No MMS? These are things I could do on my 4 year old Sony Ericsson phone that I paid $39.99 for after my two year contract. Now I know the iPhone offers tons of extras that that phone doesn't, but that's beside the point.

I'll give Apple the time till Leopard is released to release an update with these features, but afterwards if nothing comes, I will be disappointed. I love the iPhone, but there's some things I don't want to sacrifice for it.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
You're right. I've been posting here since before release day.

No one ever said the first update would fix any problems. People had only hoped it would. Duh.
True! All we heard was conjecture, wishful thinking, and things that needed to be fixed. There was never anything from Apple that stated they were gonna fix any issues.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Ringtones are a multi-billion dollar industry. No one is passing that up. They're coming...
Multi-billion? Really?

Wow... they don't get a dime from me as I've never paid for a ring tone nor do I load up free ones (I know how to do it). I find the least offensive ring tone on my phone and use it. Never understood the need to change it. But that's just me.