Ringtones with iTunes 7.4.2.4

raguilar

Sep 18, 2007
Has anyone figured out how to add ringtones in with this new version of iTunes 7.4.2.4? I did have some files that I converted from mp3 files to acc, then changed the file extension to m4a to m4r and then it would show up in the ringtones section. In order for it to download to the phone I had to change it back to m4a.

Thanks,

Ron A.

blktaco58

Sep 11, 2007
I tired that n it keeps popping up in my music section next to the mp3 song. Are u using songs from a music cd, iTunes songs, limewire...etc

raguilar

Sep 18, 2007
The songs are from mp3 files that I had created some time ago for my razr. All of these songs are from CD's that I own and riped before I got iTunes.

goblues38

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
i got mine to work....

the ringtones i created manually,

I opend up the ring tone tab (phone undocked) in iTunes, then added file to ring tone.

My custom made ring tone showed up, and stayed...then resynced to my phone.

raguilar

Sep 18, 2007
Ok, so I have some questions for you..

1. What version of iTunes do you have?
2. What was your ringtone file saved as? (m4r or m4a)
3. Was your custom ring tone in iTunes already as a playable song?

Thanks...

the ringtones i created manually,

I opend up the ring tone tab (phone undocked) in iTunes, then added file to ring tone.

My custom made ring tone showed up, and stayed...then resynced to my phone.

whyme

Sep 20, 2007
Ring Tones

What format do they need to be in, for iTunes to recognize. HELP.

saaber

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Has anyone figured out how to add ringtones in with this new version of iTunes 7.4.2.4? I did have some files that I converted from mp3 files to acc, then changed the file extension to m4a to m4r and then it would show up in the ringtones section. In order for it to download to the phone I had to change it back to m4a.

Thanks,

Ron A.
Why not just go back to 7.4.0? The other updates don't do anything useful anyway right?