Ringtones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dewey, Sep 14, 2007.

1. dewey

dewey New Member

I went into iTunes, purchased 5 ringtones, plugged in my iPhone and selected my 5 ringtones and hit apply. I can't find them on my iPhone anywhere. Did I do something wrong. they are in the ringtone folder on iTunes. I have the latest verision of iTunes installed. HELP:confused:

2. bsharp

bsharp New Member
    Bronze

There are several posts on this, already.

First, look in Settings/Sounds/Ringtone for a "default" ringtone.

Then, select Phone/Contacts/(specific contact name) and touch "Edit". You'll see options for Add new Phone and Add new Email as well as "Assign Ringtone." Touch "Assign Ringtone" and you'll be able to assign the ringtone of your choice (including all of the ones built into the iPhone).

3. dewey

dewey New Member

I tried adding a new ringtone to my contacts and the ones that I downloaded from iTunes are not there.

4. chris201

chris201 New Member
    Bronze

Has anyone found a way to do ringtones for the iPhone on a PC that where you have version 1.1.1 on the phone? I see from reading the site that the Mac guys are making lots of progress towards it but haven't seen a darn thing for the PC guys.

5. aaiphone

aaiphone New Member

I tried with my PC and could not do it prior to the new 1.1.1 jailbreak... I just ended up going out and buying a Mac so I could do more with my iPhone which I can confirm that it does work on a Mac using iTunes 7.4.0 and MakeiPhoneRingtone... Also since I did not want to sync my iPhone with my Mac I was able to take the ringtone that MakeiPhoneRingtone generated and put it back on my PC and still use it...

So now I have ringtones on my PC with iTunes 7.4.0 and firmware 1.1.1 (but only after converting the ringtones on my Mac)...

6. aaiphone

aaiphone New Member

Are you looking for a way to get a single ringtone on your phone or are you constantly changing it? If you just want a single one then make a mp3 of it and PM it to me and I will convert it with my Mac and send it back to you and using your PC and iTunes 7.4.0 it will put it on your 1.1.1 iPhone.

7. chris201

chris201 New Member
    Bronze

I generally want a bunch of tones so that the people that call me frequently can have their own tones.

8. chris201

chris201 New Member
    Bronze

I would get a macintosh but the problem is they are so expensive on top of I have only had my Dell for like a year and don't really think that its outlived it life ya know. Would hate to drop a couple grand on something that I am not gonna use that often.

9. scandalex

scandalex Member
    Silver

Damn! Thats an expensive ringtone maker you got there! :laugh2:

10. iLLGT2

iLLGT2 New Member
    Bronze

That's for damn sure.. I have Macbook but use my PC for everything iPhone related, how can I go about doing what you did, thanks so much :)

Martin

11. chris201

chris201 New Member
    Bronze

This sucks someone needs to figure out already how the guys for PC can get ringtones on the iPhone with 1.1.1. The mac guys are doing it now and we are still left in the back this blows a big one.

12. whytry

whytry New Member

I'd like to know when this is available for us PC users too. Can you downgrade from 1.1.1 and get them to work that way?

13. chris201

chris201 New Member
    Bronze

Yes but from reading some of the posts on this site there are people that are having issues when they downgrade. And not all the issues are easily corrected.

14. shyn320

shyn320 New Member

i have installer on my phone but for some odd reason i cant seem to use any ringtones using ibickr i mean it shows up on the pc when i upload it but then agian when i go to check theres nothing there can anyone help by the way i am using 1.1.1 software

15. itcomic

itcomic New Member

you mean you are using iPhone with firmware 1.1.1 ? I don't think Ibickr works with 1.1.1.

16. shyn320

shyn320 New Member

yes thats what i meant............ but i did install sound with ibickr like u got mail, new text message, etc. and thats all working fine

17. hurley

hurley New Member

there is a way to gey ringtones on 1.1.1 with windows. Its in the wiki at modmyiPhone.com.

Id post the link for you but my iPhone cant copy and paste yet...

Also, sendsong now has an update that works with 1.1.1. Just check out erica sudans site. Also not sure what it is. Google it though

18. patrick_83

patrick_83 New Member
    Bronze

There is a new SendSong app, if you can get apps on your phone, but i don't think the one you will need is on installer.
    This allows you to take any song on your phone and make it a ringtone, but it gets deleted once you sync. All you have to do after you sync is go back to sendsong and click on a song and hit Post-sync restore, and you get the ringtone back.

http://ericasadun.com/ftp/Applications/SendSong/

19. brendo234

brendo234 New Member

I have had no luck creating my own ringtones... even after trimming songs to 30 seconds, converting the file format to .m4a and/or .m4r

I don't understand why Apple is locking this functionality out. Charging $1 for a song and then $1 to convert it to a ringtone is a little bit outrageous!

20. Janik

Janik New Member

I hear you can legitimately put custom ringtones on your phone through iTunes for free? They have to be in iTunes as .m4r or something like that? Can someone completely explain this for me?

Also, can you recommend me a program for editing the song and such so I can get the part of the song I want for the ringtone?