RIP Robin Williams

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Robin Williams has passed at the age of 63.

Fox, which will release the third Night at the Museum film, has issued the following statement: “There really are no words to describe the loss of Robin Williams. He was immensely talented, a cherished member of our community, and part of the Fox family. Our hearts go out to his family, friends and fans. He will be deeply missed.”

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dead-at-63/

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'm very sad to hear this news. It was a suicide. If he only would have seen how his fans viewed him and not how he viewed himself. RIP. He brought so much laughter into our lives.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Terrible news. His last tweet was a birthday wish to his daughter on July 31st, who turned 25. So sad. I grew up with Mork and Mindy.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I'm very sad to hear this news. It was a suicide. If he only would have seen how his fans viewed him and not how he viewed himself. RIP. He brought so much laughter into our lives.
Have they confirmed it as a suicide yet? Either way, it's horrible and sad. He was a great man. Funny. I don't think I ever heard him talk as a comedian, but two of his movies I know him in are hilarious. RIP!

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Shepard Smith anchors a live special on the death of Robin Williams at 10 p.m. ET. Watch on Fox News. Sad!

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
The loss of Robin Williams truly is a loss to anyone who had a chance view his work. Many of us remember Mork and Mindy or his movies but in particular I remember a PBS special, from many years back, where Robin Williams and Johnathan Winters were turned loose in a room full of props and the cameras were started. No notes, no rehearsal, no script, just pure genius for an hour or more. I never laughed so hard in all my life! Thank you for that Robin and so much more. RIP

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I feel awful that he died.. I really loved the man. I hope he rests in peace knowing he left a legacy and a huge fan base and admirers behind.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Have they confirmed it as a suicide yet? Either way, it's horrible and sad. He was a great man. Funny. I don't think I ever heard him talk as a comedian, but two of his movies I know him in are hilarious. RIP!
Yes, it is confirmed. It is stated on all the news media. Death by asphyxiation. Depression takes an ugly toll, and needs to be treated as a disease for what it is.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Yes, it is confirmed. It is stated on all the news media. Death by asphyxiation. Depression takes an ugly toll, and needs to be treated as a disease for what it is.
Very sad. He was loved for his movies and just him as a person.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I'm not usually one to get upset about celebrity deaths, but this one is getting to me. The last day I've been trying to think why that is. I don't know Robin - never even met him. But I think just knowing that a guy exists who can bring a smile to anyone, anywhere was somehow very comforting, even though I didn't realize it until I heard what happened last night. Today I find the world a less happy place to be.

:(

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'm not usually one to get upset about celebrity deaths, but this one is getting to me. The last day I've been trying to think why that is. I don't know Robin - never even met him. But I think just knowing that a guy exists who can bring a smile to anyone, anywhere was somehow very comforting, even though I didn't realize it until I heard what happened last night. Today I find the world a less happy place to be.

:(
That is nicely said. I think most of us feel this way today.

dmoskaluk

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 22, 2013
Paynes Bay - Barbados
Having had close exposure to addiction in my immediate circle, I can only say that the 'Hole in the Soul' of depression is so much deeper than most imagine. It is a Dark Prison, where the bars can be forged from many metals ( booze, pills, powders ) ...so RIP Robin Williams - you are now a free man. I wish I could post a short video clip of the 'closing scene' from 'Patch Adams’ ( no pants ....) Somehow it says a lot ..... I think today we all see our own mortality in a slightly different light.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Did the news / media REALLY have to go into graphic detail on how he died?
Sensationalistic crap!

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Did the news / media REALLY have to go into graphic detail on how he died?
Sensationalistic crap!
I'm not sure where you saw graphic detail. Photos? I just read that he did it to himself. That in itself was very sad and horrible. If they put photos up then that's pure stupid of them to do.

They technically have to tell all how he died.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I'm not sure where you saw graphic detail. Photos? I just read that he did it to himself. That in itself was very sad and horrible. If they put photos up then that's pure stupid of them to do.

They technically have to tell all how he died.
They could have just said asphyxiation and left it at that. But nope, had to give details of him
Hanging himself, fully clothed, hung by a belt lodged in the corner of a closet door frame and superficial knife wounds to his wrist.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
They could have just said asphyxiation and left it at that. But nope, had to give details of him
Hanging himself, fully clothed, hung by a belt lodged in the corner of a closet door frame and superficial knife wounds to his wrist.
Oh. My dad earlier mentioned the knife wounds. But yeah, I agree with you. They didn't have to go into the details with anyone. That's ridiculous.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
This clip from Patch Adams hit me pretty hard as I was watching it tonight...