Rivet not what i thought

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i have been wanting the rivet iPhone headphones for ever, i got them for v day... i popped them open and they are not what i thought that they would be... it says that you can use them either way lanyard or regular but you try to use them regular and they look goofy the mic is way at the bottom and im not really into the lanyard look, ill keep them because they are a gift but other then that i was surprised with them and the fact that they CAN'T be used either way you have to use them in lanyard otherwise they look weird...

anyone else have issuses with the rivet headphones?

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Post a pic so we can see how weird it looks.. Maybe its not that bad... Im interested to check it out

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
yes, I was interested in those, too. Post up. How's the sound?

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
the sound is good and i actually like that the cord is lace not plastic... ill post pics later...

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
I have a set of Rivets and like the lanyard method, as it prevents any kind of stress on the earbud cords and as you said, puts the mic at a reasonable level. I tend to turn my head a lot and any other set of earbuds want to work themselves loose or the cables get taut when I overdo it. The sound is good (not great) and the cords are fabric covered, not plastic or vinyl... a good buy, at least.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
I won't be home all weekend but I'll post pics on Monday I wish that ( and I know that this has been beaten to death) that I could copy paste so I can just post from iPhone ... Who knows if I get bored I'll just write the photo bucket link on paper then just type it on here ... Otherwise Monday night or jp might post some pics ...