Roaming indicator?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 24, 2007
I thought I read somewhere that you can have ATT send a roaming indicator to your iPhone so you know when you're roaming.

Is this possible? I tried a search here on the forum and couldn't find any info. Thanks!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Technically, you have a nationwide plan, so there is no roaming, thereforee, no indicator. I have heard of people going to Canada and getting hit with tons of Intl charges (3k) but I don't think that there was an Icon indicating roaming for them either. They assumed that because they could make calls that everything is ok.
Call me paranoid, but going to another country and trying to make calls without checking on the stipulations first is not very bright.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
At&t Does Offer Roaming Indicator!

I thought I read somewhere that you can have ATT send a roaming indicator to your iPhone so you know when you're roaming.

Is this possible? I tried a search here on the forum and couldn't find any info. Thanks!
YES it is POSSIBLE!

All you have to do is call AT&T. AT&T will put a code on your account that makes your phone display "OFF NETWORK" (beside the signal strength). That message will be displayed during international roaming or domestic roaming if not on AT&T or a carrier AT&T has a roaming agreement with...Mark