Rocky's iPhone 6 Plus caught fire in his pant pocket, forcing him to remove his pants at Home Depot

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Rafagon, Dec 5, 2015.

  1. Rafagon

    Rafagon Genius
    Gold

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2011
    Likes Received:
    1,247
    WSB-TV Atlanta 2 brings us the story of Rocky, whose iPhone 6 Plus caught fire in his pant pocket. He was at a Home Depot parking lot at the time, and his first instinct was to remove his pants. Rocky said he escaped any serious injury, but feels he deserves an apology, despite having already gotten a replacement iPhone.

    "Rocky said he tried to get to the bottom of what happened and learned Apple originally sold the phone to a different person in 2014. A different company later refurbished it, and he bought it from his current carrier in October 2015. That refurbishing company sent him a replacement phone within 24 hours, but he said he’s still looking for an apology."
     
  2. digitalcuriosity

    Bronze

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2012
    Likes Received:
    7
    I had a Sansung charger i used on both a Samsung tablet and Samsung Galaxy SIII phone, The charger control had failed,and it was over charging both the tablet and phone.
    Only did the battery expand and split the tablets case did i know something was wrong.
    The tablet still worked like normal. Phone was in a juice case, also worked fine. I tried removing the phoneto check it, and found it was locked tight, had to destroy my $100 juce case to remove the phone found another expanded battery also.

    Feel lucky both did not set a fire burn me and burn the house down.
    Never had this type problem with my iPads and iPhones.
     
  3. Rafagon

    Rafagon Genius
    Gold

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2011
    Likes Received:
    1,247
    #3 Rafagon, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015

Share This Page