Rogers (Canada) iPhone 3G Plans

Oct 10, 2008
Canada eh!
when the 3g first came out we had a promo for 6gig of data for 30$... its now changed, I missed it and pay 30$ for 1gig (insert sad face)

Oct 10, 2008
Canada eh!
not true! i just took the plunge on an iPhone 3g with fido since i was eligible for 200$ gig and i got the 30$ for 6gig deal
well that is the deal with rogers, i just got my phone with them 2 days ago and tried everything to get the deal.

Aug 29, 2008
Those plans are fairly terrible, mine isn't great, the biggest thing I lack is minutes, but since I mostly receive calls its not so bad.

With tax it came out to $87.52 this month, thats with 100 minutes, unlimited eve/weekends, 2500 text messages, 6gb of data, caller id, forwarding, voicemail.

As far as rates in canada go, its not so bad. Canada just gets the shaft for wireless service, its due to the fact that there are only 3 real players in the whole bloody country.

Aug 29, 2008
Its great for the provider, decrease the minutes and increase the cost:).

To make up for it I used around 400 incoming minutes and 300 in network, so it balances out I think.

Nov 27, 2007
Vancouver, BC, Canada
I lucked out when the $30.00 MSF 6 GB Smartphone data plan was available. Though for those concerned about how much data they will use Rogers has already stated in the news that 95% of their customers haven't gone over 500 MB. The only ones that did were those that tethered when NetShare used to be available in the App Store until Apple pulled it 48 hours later due to pressure from AT&T in the USA. I'm a heavy data user with multiple email accounts one of which uses Push Email. I also surf a lot and have yet to go over 1 GB. So for those with the $30.00 MSF 1 GB Smartphone data plan you should be fine.