Rollover minutes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 29, 2007
Hi, I'm new to ATT and i heard that if you pay your monthly payment not on time then you lose all your rollover minutes? is this true?

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Hi, I'm new to ATT and i heard that if you pay your monthly payment not on time then you lose all your rollover minutes? is this true?

this is all I could find on AT&Ts rollover minute deal..this is a direct quote from their terms and services..

"Rollover Minutes: Rollover Minutes accumulate and expire through 12 rolling bill periods. Bill Period 1 (activation) unused Anytime Minutes will not carry over. Bill Period 2 unused Anytime Minutes will begin to carry over. Rollover Minutes accumulated starting with Bill Period 2 will expire each bill period as they reach a 12 bill period age. Rollover Minutes will also expire immediately upon default or if customer changes to a non-Rollover plan. If you change plans (including the formation of a FamilyTalk plan), or if an existing subscriber joins your existing FamilyTalk plan, any accumulated Rollover Minutes in excess of your new plan or the primary FamilyTalk line¿s included Anytime Minutes will expire. Rollover Minutes are not redeemable for cash or credit and are not transferable." not sure IF this is any help...

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I am not sure about them expiring if you don't pay your bill on time. Doesn't sound like something that they would do because for most they don't even need the rollover minutes. I wish i could trade my 8 thousand something in for like a candy bar or payment of a bill or something.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I am not sure about them expiring if you don't pay your bill on time. Doesn't sound like something that they would do because for most they don't even need the rollover minutes. I wish i could trade my 8 thousand something in for like a candy bar or payment of a bill or something.
"Rollover Minutes: Rollover Minutes accumulate and expire through 12 rolling bill periods. Bill Period 1 (activation) unused Anytime Minutes will not carry over. Bill Period 2 unused Anytime Minutes will begin to carry over. Rollover Minutes accumulated starting with Bill Period 2 will expire each bill period as they reach a 12 bill period age. Rollover Minutes will also expire immediately upon default or if customer changes to a non-Rollover plan. If you change plans (including the formation of a FamilyTalk plan), or if an existing subscriber joins your existing FamilyTalk plan, any accumulated Rollover Minutes in excess of your new plan or the primary FamilyTalk line¿s included Anytime Minutes will expire. Rollover Minutes are not redeemable for cash or credit and are not transferable."

sorry out of luck... No candy bar for you! lol

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Haha yeah i know, i read that part, but it is kinda ridiculous. They should come up with a plan that once you have so many roll over minutes you don't pay for your plan until you have used up so many. Make sense to not have to pay for minutes you don't need.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Haha yeah i know, i read that part, but it is kinda ridiculous. They should come up with a plan that once you have so many roll over minutes you don't pay for your plan until you have used up so many. Make sense to not have to pay for minutes you don't need.
we can only wish for a big corporation to care for the customer before the money...sadly.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
I agree, sort of like an electric bill. Pay for what you actually use. This was like the old days of Cellular One where there were NO minutes included in any plan, and I paid for every minute I used. Along with 12 hour standby and 30 minute talk time phones, I gotta tell you. It sucked! A few $400 cell phone bills made me very thankful for the plans and service available today.

Are Go Phone plans something you might think about?