Rotator Cuff

iNurse

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2011
The Volunteer State of Tennessee
Hello my new iPhone friends....

I have to have surgery a few days after Christmas for a torn rotator cuff. I have a complete tear. Want to ask if you would please remember me in prayer. Have heard some awful stories on recovery from this and the pain.

if any of you have gone through this, please let me know how you did and what I can do or expect.

Thanks again!

Loving the c:)mmunity

sorbet

Bronze
Dec 11, 2011
Ohio
My best friend had this surgery done a few years ago, so I only know what she told me. The first few days after the surgery, she was mostly doped up. In a sling for about 2-3 weeks. When she went to physical therapy, they did stuff like lifting the arm up and down, pushing out and pulling it, etc before moving onto actually lifting things. Scars are minimal, like 2 little dots smaller than dimes on the top of her shoulder.

Sorry you have to go through this during the holidays. I'm not the praying type, but I will keep you in my thoughts!

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
I've seen the surgery many times . They will manage your pain so don't worry about that too much . Make sure you have a good orthopod and follow ALL restrictions while you are recovering and you should be just fine:)

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
We've got a few guys here at work (FD) that have had that surgery also. Like others have said, a bit of pain but manageable. Just follow the restrictions and what the therapists say. I imagine you will pull through with no problems.

iNurse

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2011
The Volunteer State of Tennessee
i better be careful not to type under the influence either.... after I had a major surgery i was facebooking while on pain pump in hospital... I laughed so hard at my posts the next day... :) So I better give you all WARNING and reminders :rolleyes: prior to my surgery!

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
i better be careful not to type under the influence either.... after I had a major surgery i was facebooking while on pain pump in hospital... I laughed so hard at my posts the next day... :) So I better give you all WARNING and reminders :rolleyes: prior to my surgery!
Oh no, please DO! we will quote them for all eternity :p

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
Just use the bit Bob Newhart used to have, "Oh, did I say that yesterday? It must have been the medication I've been on." That should give you the license to say anything you want or need to tell someone & still get away with it. <GRIN>

Any impatience you show will only create more stress.