Rotten Apple

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Rotten Apple 3G advert pulled in UK. "An Apple iPhone advert has been banned by the advertising standards watchdog for exaggerating the phone's speed."

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
if thats the same commercial here in the states then yes the speed of the phone was way hyped up!

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I guess those Europeans actually enforce laws by lying companies like Apple and don't let them get away with things. Those back handers that US politicians get here in the US by "special Interest groups" obviously doesn't work there.

Good on you England.

HAIL HAIL TO ENGLAND!

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Wooh hoow my little post made the front page feed...cool

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I guess those Europeans actually enforce laws by lying companies like Apple and don't let them get away with things. Those back handers that US politicians get here in the US by "special Interest groups" obviously doesn't work there.

Good on you England.

HAIL HAIL TO ENGLAND!
Yes -- I'm sure there are no corrupt politicians in Europe...:laugh2:

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Wow, Apple got owned pretty bad huh. I respect the 17 people who complained actually, letting it go is not the best solution. I hope Apple is working on a better iPhone with all the missing features and functions now. Because this is pure crap.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Good. I'm glad they're actually doing something about it.

I've never seen ANY iPhone behave like the iPhone's in the ads.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The iPhones in the ads are certainly too fast for their own good. A recent 3G commercial I saw had the phone on WiFi as opposed to 3G, I thought it was odd as they were proclaiming its speed.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Well that home made ad had several things wrong with it. Not only was the phone in the real commercial already at the home screen but we also do not know the particular file size of the attachment in it.

Granted Apple does show the iPhone performing at faster speeds than in reality, if that spoof wants more credence at least be a bit more accurate.