Rubber or plastic

Rubber Or Plastic

• Total voters

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Plastic. They catch enough dirt and dust, but rubber is really bad and you spend too much time taking it off to clean it out.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I like hard plastic wayyyy better. Every single time I had a rubber case I ended up taking it off within a week and either returning it or just throwing it away.

L

luvindzine

I prefer plastic. I have a case that is very thin and slides into my pocket no problem. The rubber cases tend to stick to my pockets. Maybe this is a personal preference, but I like the plastic ones the best.

kanprob

Sep 29, 2009
i prefer the leather case for my iPhone, absolutely

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm all about the plastic cases. I also like the metal one's as well like the Element cases you can buy. They don't get stuck in your pockets when trying to pull them out either whereas a plastic/metal case would slide in and out quickly and easily.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I prefer hard plastic. My main case is a Seidio Innocase II, but I also have a cheap knockoff of an iSkin Solo that I really like. It's tecnically rubber but doesn't really feel like it in use. I like that one for a little extra protection when I'm camping or at the beach.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I've been going mostly case-less for a while now, using just a skin for the back of my iPhone and an anti-glare screen protector. When I do use a case, I use an iSkin solo or a Paul Frank silicone case since they work with the skin on my iPhone easily. I used to prefer an Incase Slider, but even though it's a thin case and works exactly as I'd want a plastic case to work, it makes the iPhone more bulky than I want to put in my jeans pocket.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Plastic for me, getting it in and out of my pocket is a lot easier with plastic vs rubber. Since I wear jeans a lot, it got to be a pain in the a$$ to just get to my phone.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I find an Incase Slider slips in and out of my pocket with ease... it's beautiful.

macmad

Aug 7, 2008
NYC
Hard plastic. Rubber attracts lint and discolors. Here is the picture of the case that I rock!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I just purchased both executive cases in chrome ( goes well with my white iPhone) from casecrown.com.
I love my slider, but these cases ( the faux leather and the polycarbonate) look really nice, and they are CHEAP. both cases together are cheaper than one slider- and that includes $4.95 priority USPS shipping.

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Because I don't like putting my phone in my pockets, (besides not being good for the phone, I've never liked anything in them), I guess I like them both. I am actually using both of them right now, (Otterbox Defender). just strap it in its holster, and voila!
Plastic+rubber.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I alternate between the two. I love my Incase Sliders for the summer. In the winter I like to use my Switcheasy Colors case because i need a good grip when its cold out. When I get to work I change into an Incase Slider case sometimes not always, depending on the color I am wearing. But before I leave i change back into the Switcheasy or a Belkin that I haved that I like.

So I use both, Plastic and Rubber.

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I like my new Otterbox Commuter TL. It offers the best of both worlds, rubber around the case of the iPhone and a plastic strap on the back to help get it in/out of pockets. While I have yet to drop the phone carrying it in the Otterbox, it sure feels like it would survive a fall from my top pocket with ease. Hopefully, I will never have to find out :)