RUMOR: 3 New iPods to be Released in 2007

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

emmaonline

Bronze
Nov 24, 2006
The rumor mill has it that Apple will be releasing three new versions of the iPod in 2007 with one of them being a "real" video type iPod. I am hoping that these "new" iPods will be something completly new rather than just tweaked versions of the existing stuff like they have been doing a lot of lately!

iUser

Dec 4, 2006
Oops Rumors again. Apple is getting more popular these days for rumors more than anything else.
Will these 3 new versions you just mentioned would be for iPod or iPhone? or they plan to bring out iPhone as upgraded iPods . Who knows they might do that as well.Lets hope for something good coming out of the store.

pete101

Dec 12, 2006
I wonder how long Apple will be able to keep going with the iPod brand before it starts getting stale? Peopl will eventually get tired of all the reiterations of the iPdo and will begin to look elsewhere if Apple doesn't take a drastic turn sometime in the near future!

For now they still have my vote and thereforee my money!

emmaonline

Bronze
Nov 24, 2006
If current market habits are any indicator, they can keep going with the existing iPod look and feel for some time, just making minor tweaks along the way. I give it another two years that they can milk this brand before having to come up with something completly fresh and new!

I can't wait to see what name they come up with for this next generation!

Mar 18, 2007
The rumor mill has it that Apple will be releasing three new versions of the iPod in 2007 with one of them being a "real" video type iPod. I am hoping that these "new" iPods will be something completly new rather than just tweaked versions of the existing stuff like they have been doing a lot of lately!
i personally fink we wont be seeing much from the ipod from this year..weeep weep, seeing as Apple has efforts diverted elsewhere such as the launch of the iPhone.YAAAY!, and other stuff like Apple tv, OS leopard, Photoshop CS3, etc. so i don't fink we'll see anyfing new, maybe some updates of current ipod but nah! if we do ill eat my words...lol

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
So, where'd you see this? Just curious...

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
when people buy an MP3 player they buy an IPOD because its an IPOD. While the features DO matter Im 100 percent sure that people will not stop buying them because of the lack of features. Since they are adding features you are saying that when They run out of features people will look elsewhere for MORE?

Jun 13, 2007
i personally fink we wont be seeing much from the ipod from this year..weeep weep, seeing as Apple has efforts diverted elsewhere such as the launch of the iPhone.YAAAY!, and other stuff like Apple tv, OS leopard, Photoshop CS3, etc. so i don't fink we'll see anyfing new, maybe some updates of current ipod but nah! if we do ill eat my words...lol
It's also Apple's style to put out major tweaks that aren't necessarily reinventive but are different and good, if not better. I could totally see them putting out a widescreen touchscreen iPod in the fall.

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
I wonder how long Apple will be able to keep going with the iPod brand before it starts getting stale? Peopl will eventually get tired of all the reiterations of the iPdo and will begin to look elsewhere if Apple doesn't take a drastic turn sometime in the near future!

For now they still have my vote and thereforee my money!
why try to fix something that isn't broken?

yes tweaking and refreshing the device is needed, but making something revolutionary in response to something such as the ipod, AND be successful is a hard step to take...

i think a widescreen multi-touch ipod would be killer though

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
i think a widescreen multi-touch ipod would be killer though
I think it'll be awhile until we see this.

essentially that would mean Apple would need to re-create the entire iPod. Most people who are asking for the iPhone but without Internet features or phone features or what not are forgetting the extra costs of those components in negligble--it's the iPod portion (read OS X and the graphics subsystem) that's the most expensive. Maybe January of next year but I wouldn't expect it until Flash memory drops in price, too.

jtlax3

Bronze
May 31, 2007
I really think that the next iteration of the iPod will incorporate the touchscreen/widescreen features of the iPhone. I think they will be able to trade out all the phone features for a HDD to make a real video iPod. Hopefully...

Jun 2, 2007
I really think that the next iteration of the iPod will incorporate the touchscreen/widescreen features of the iPhone. I think they will be able to trade out all the phone features for a HDD to make a real video iPod. Hopefully...

i definitely agree.
ill buy that.
not the iPhone though.
AT&T has always sucked a major nut/s.