Rumor: Apple cuts iPhone production

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SCMedic

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Quote: "Today the thing slamming the stock (chart left) is an unconfirmed rumor that the company is cutting back iPhone production "from 9 million units to 4.5 million units," according to a note from trading firm Miller Tabak & Co."

Link: http://blogs.businesss2.com/utilitybelt/2007/07/why-apple-stock.html

Link (video): http://videoplayer.thestreet.com/?c...OO&cm_cat=&cm_ite=&puc=yahoo&ts=1185906257388
Already proven to be false.. Statement was retracted. Listen to the AAPL conference call during earnings last week, and you'll know it's BS...

lilo

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
It is today's rumor

Already proven to be false.. Statement was retracted. Listen to the AAPL conference call during earnings last week, and you'll know it's BS...
This rumor was spread just today. Apple stock is down 5% for the day right now.

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
So go to your Stock App on your iPhone

Select APPL and look at the chart etc as it updates.

Then hit the Y! button - bottom left of the screen

It takes you out to a market info page for Apple stock and a run down on current stories - very neat :)

Seems like the rumor could be about iPods rather than iPhones - no one actually knows it seems....

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
This is one case where I think the market doesn't get it. Consumer interest in the iPhone seems to remain high, imo. I've been to my nearby Apple store twice since I bought my phone the first night, and people are always huddled around every iPhone in the store. You can't get to the iPhone accessories because people are trying out the iPhones. And, as has already been stated, this rumor was false.
One more thing... the new iMac is just around the corner, as is Leopard, a new video iPod, and who knows what else. Might be time to buy again.