Rumor: Apple Testing 3.9-inch new iPhone 5

Axne1

May 17, 2012
for some reason, this comment makes no sense to me.
Well owning a iPad has made my iPhone just serve it's first purpose, and not both. So IMO. I am happy :) I try not to speak for everybody...Choice is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iphoneint

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I do not know about the 3.5 mm headphone port at the bottom of the phone. I have it on the touch and hate it there, it is always in the way when using docks etc. I rather prefer the placement on the current iPhone.

Joshua Smith

Aug 10, 2011
Marietta, Georgia
I do not know about the 3.5 mm headphone port at the bottom of the phone. I have it on the touch and hate it there, it is always in the way when using docks etc. I rather prefer the placement on the current iPhone.
Why would you need to use the headphone port when your iPod or iPhone is docked? The only time I can think you would need it is if it's docked for charging and you need to listen to music with headphones and in that case, most docks have a headphone port. Either way that's a very rare occurrence.

iphoneint

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Why would you need to use the headphone port when your iPod or iPhone is docked? The only time I can think you would need it is if it's docked for charging and you need to listen to music with headphones and in that case, most docks have a headphone port. Either way that's a very rare occurrence.
You are correct, my listening is exclusively through headphones. And most of the port outs in docks are line level out so that you can hook it to a stereo not a headphone out.

I am sure others would not mind it as much, or can work with it (and I guess I will too, if it ends up there). I was just sharing my opinion on its current placement. I am sure someone else could provide their counterpoint as to why they believe the bottom would be best.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Anyone think they might have centered the front-facing camera to facilitate a new "3D" gesture-based UI?

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I'm okay with a bigger screen now. Rumors say Steve had a lot to do with this design. Slap the word iPhone and steve and you sold me a phone.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

snowtrooper1966

Genius
Gold
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Anyone think they might have centered the front-facing camera to facilitate a new "3D" gesture-based UI?
So perhaps a gesture in front of the lens, like the sideways "hang loose" might initiate a phone call....
Or waving hand left to right may switch apps, similar to 4 finger swipe on iPad?
Interesting.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
This means that a large portion of the apps in the App Store will work on day one, but that many others, especially those that use custom graphics, will have to be pillar-boxed or letter-boxed depending on orientation. I especially like Will Hains’ suggestion that the white iPhone could even receive a white pillar-box, although I’m not sure this sounds very ‘apple-ey’.
I could only see them doing this if they could get rid of the seam between the white faceplate and the edge of the screen AND they could get the color of white to match that of the face of the phone. Considering that the latter is impossible (unless they move to a completely reflective screen technology), the white pillarboxing probably wouldn't happen.

snowtrooper1966

Genius
Gold
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
^
Just to be clear, I was quoting the article liked in that same post.
No way I'm clever enough to consider all the variables a new screen size would encompass... :D

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
More than rumors I love the analysts that always say the next iPhone will top previous sales. Thank you Captain Obvious. This is typically the only true statement that half those analysts get right among their predictions.
Well I hope it tops previous sales. It's going to be the newest iPhone! It better be more sales! :D

mmamanx

Bronze
Jun 15, 2010
4" screen, 8mp camera above, better front cam, lte, better battery, new design, white again, 64gb or above, improved IOS.

That would be amazing!