Rumor: Apple Testing 3.9-inch new iPhone 5

AppleGuru87

Jan 29, 2012
You can actually research the Chinese factory online that shows the front part of the new iPhone during a factory interview and walkthrough from a local news station.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I really hope that is fake.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Me and You both! It would take some really serious getting used to if this is the new iPhone. I don't care about the video and the reports from reputable sources, I take all this with a grain of salt. Apple is about beautiful as well as functional products. They don't follow, they lead.

That is neither beautiful or functional. It's high point is the thin new unibody frame, and that is a good thing. The headphone jack on the bottom is a weird, non-Apple iPhone, not too functional (for me anyway) addition. It's on their iPod touch, that's fine, on the iPhone seems to not be a smart move.

I can't really see this being it. It's gotta be a bad joke...or at least I hope it is.

Reactions: Tattooed Alex

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Like others have mentioned, headphone port / jack on the bottom? I seriously hope they wouldn't make that kind off botched move!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
iPods have had headphone ports on the bottom since the beginning. It makes sense for pretty much all uses except using the headphone out with a dock, but most docks have superior audio facilities via the dock port anyway.

And the new design is growing on me. I don't think it's ugly at all.

I just hope it comes with a dock port adapter and that it's as thin as they can possibly make it so I don't need to get all new accessories. It would be a bummer, but I couldn't complain because I've hated the flimsy, prone-to-failure dock port since the beginning. They gotta change it at some point.

Reactions: snowtrooper1966

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
iPods have had headphone ports on the bottom since the beginning. It makes sense for pretty much all uses except using the headphone out with a dock, but most docks have superior audio facilities via the dock port anyway.

And the new design is growing on me. I don't think it's ugly at all.

I just hope it comes with a dock port adapter and that it's as thin as they can possibly make it so I don't need to get all new accessories. It would be a bummer, but I couldn't complain because I've hated the flimsy, prone-to-failure dock port since the beginning. They gotta change it at some point.
the port only bothers me because i will only have 1 iPhone cord if they switch.

and like you and some others have said, all the ipod have the headphone jacks on the bottom so it makes sense that they would just continue this to their latest product. i don't necessarily like it but i cant really see it being a problem for me. as long as they make it to where you can turn the iPhone completely upside down, which you cannot currently do.

Tattooed Alex

Genius
Gold
Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Hard to even believe this could be real with the dude's website logo plastered on every background screen. Headphone jack on the bottom is kind of strange if this is real. Almost seems like a step back from the 4/4S design, but they could be tired of the cracked screen complaints.

beautifulliar

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
When they mentioned a bigger screen I was not picturing just a slightly longer screen. Such a slight difference won't be very noticeable. The media is going on and on about "a bigger iPhone coming up." When people see it they will say "that's it."

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
iPhone 5 renderings based on "leaked" parts...

Don't shoot the messenger... just saying'.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Notice the date on the calendar?
The only Wednesday on the 13th for this year happens this month :)
At least there was enough thought in that, for some picky fool like me. LOL

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
to be honest this video makes the 5 look better than the latest parts leak video.

the white is pretty sweet too