Rumor: Flash coming to iPhone soon.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
"We’ve been waiting for Flash support to hit the iPhone ever since...well...it launched. We’ve had to make do without Flash for almost eight months, and YouTube even had to convert a bunch of their catalog to H.264 in order for the service to be enjoyed on the iPhone. Well, we’ve just got word from a reliable source that Flash support is on its way to the iPhone, and it should be coming very, very soon. Speculating a bit further on our own, we are guessing that it would be pretty convenient for Flash support to be introduced alongside the iPhone SDK, wouldn’t you say? Now, we know that there isn’t much information here, but you also know how strong our sources are too - Flash on the iPhone is coming, just take our word for it, okay..."

--

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
You get the Bronze.

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
Flash to me is the most important thing the iPhone needs. Next we need is video and mms then copy paste. Then ill be set.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
" Speculating a bit further on our own, we are guessing that it would be pretty convenient for Flash support to be introduced alongside the iPhone SDK, wouldn’t you say? Now, we know that there isn’t much information here, but you also know how strong our sources are too - Flash on the iPhone is coming, just take our word for it, okay..."

--

Mike
The highlighted words are the part of the whole thing I don't like though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I wonder if the update for flash will contain any naughty bits designed to ruin our jailbreaks...
Well the bad thing for Apple is that the iPhone hacking community is a worldwide effort--and it's only getting bigger. So while they will no doubt close exposed exploits I'm not sure they will rearrange their schedule to do so.

As for Flash I really want it to be true, but I also think it would be a big update. There ain't much room on the OS partition right now either--and with SDK apps coming they could eat up any remaining space on their own. So I would imagine a Flash update, along with SDK apps, might mean that Applications go onto the Media partition (or maybe a partition size change).

Can't see this big of a change being 1.1.4, but time will tell...

--
Mike

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I don't know about you, Mike, but I'm actually starting to get excited about the future of the iPhone again. If the flash rumor turns out to be true, that and the release of the SDK will be huge upgrades for us users.

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
Im excited too. I mean 1.1.3 was cool but not that cool. Flash is what ive wanted since day one of getting it. Im psyched