Rumor: New. more robust note pad device?

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Now why do you say that?
Apple doesn't release new product that are BETTER than the first one a year after the first release. Meaning they wont release the iPhone Pro a year after the iPhone or something like that. They will enhance the iPhone and keep it that way.

I can't really put it in words really.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I don't think these guys are saying it will be iPhone Pro. I think they are saying it may be another form factor. Perhaps something between the iPhone and the MacBook Air.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
I don't think these guys are saying it will be iPhone Pro. I think they are saying it may be another form factor. Perhaps something between the iPhone and the MacBook Air.
So you mean like something better that the iPhone but can do all the stuff the iPhone can do as well? Hopefully they only compared it to the iPhone sense it has touch sensitivity. I hope it'll be a touch screen iMac or soemthing.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
watching the video I wish the girl would of talked more then that guy... that bored the crap out of me...
I agree. As I mentioned at the top of this forum, these guys really don't know Apple. Of course, the girl didn't understand that the Newton was not released under Jobs' reign at Apple and the significance of that.
They are Wall Street types. They want to "get it" but they don't.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
With Apple's stocks at a recent low, I think they might "pre-announce" a new device that takes advantage of the iPhone's and iPod's touch technologies but doesn't compete with either device. That would provide a much-needed "bump" in the stock price and would allow them to build momentum (like they did with the iPhone) for a mid-2008 release.
Of course, it's probably wishful thinking.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
If it was a note taking device, with an enhanced keyboard, iWorks functionality, etc., and not another phone, it might make perfect sense to create something that looked the same, only larger.