Run iOS 6 right now with no UDID activation and no dev account

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
The only requirement is that you feel adventurous and are ready to deal with the implications of a beta iOS on your beloved iPhone.

http://www.cultofmac.com/173666/how-to-install-ios-6-without-a-developer-account/

The text that follows is part of the article at the link, but please be sure you read and understand it.

First, iOS 6, as you know, is still in beta, and a very early beta at that. That means that not everything works as it should, and that you can almost guarantee at least some of your favorite apps won’t function. Second, this firmware is intended for registered developers only. Although it can reportedly be installed on unregistered devices, there’s a very good chance you could be one of the unlucky ones who gets stuck with a device that won’t work.

Finally, we haven’t tested this so we cannot confirm anything. Those who have tested it have reported mixed results; while it works well for some, it doesn’t work for others.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Why bother with untested IOS6 beta when it can kill your phone not to mention no jailbreak for it.
iOS 6 won't and hasn't killed anyone's iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.

Why do people panic when they hear the word, 'beta' - your device wont randomly blow up you know?

To be completely fair to Apple iOS 6 beta 1 and 2 have been pretty solid with regards to crashes etc. My signal drops occasionally and the Maps.app is terrible but that's about it...

Lastly there is a jailbreak for iOS 6, it's tethered and allows only SSH access. However, it is possible to get Cydia onto your device.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

Why do people panic when they hear the word, 'beta' - your device wont randomly blow up you know?

To be completely fair to Apple iOS 6 beta 1 and 2 have been pretty solid with regards to crashes etc. My signal drops occasionally and the Maps.app is terrible but that's about it...

Lastly there is a jailbreak for iOS 6, it's tethered and allows only SSH access. However, it is possible to get Cydia onto your device.
Been using beta 2 on my 4S and my new iPad. Enjoying them both. No real issues and I think it's worth the (small) risk. Love the turn-by-turn nav and the Do Not Disturb.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Been using beta 2 on my 4S and my new iPad. Enjoying them both. No real issues and I think it's worth the (small) risk. Love the turn-by-turn nav and the Do Not Disturb.
I haven't played around with the Do Not Disturb feature yet, it's probably something I'd use if I knew more about it.

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
It's not possible. I'm a registered developer, and initially forgot to register my iPhone 4S UDID; the device would not function and pass activation until I added it afterwards.

This topic is baloney.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I know at least one person who has installed it on their 4S without registering a UDID. I registered both my 4S and my the New iPad® 3 HD 4G LTE™ though.

CamXCollins

Bronze
Jun 4, 2010
Just to add my knowledge, it is very possible with a workaround. I had it running on my unregistered iPhone 4 two days after the beta 1 was released and without a problem aside from the clunky map app. But I restored in favor of jailbreaking.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey

I hate tethered jailbreaks. I'll wait for official update and untethered jailbreak.