Run OS X IN Windows

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
So this may be the way to avoid having to be way behind as far as tools come with the iPhone... seeing how there is a one touch jailbreak for 1.1.1 for the MAC but no conversion for the pc yet... this may be the solution for all of us Winblowz users....

http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2005/01/18/PearPC.html

i have been playing around with it yet had an issuse with getting the bootfile to load during installation... i am getting a new iso of os x today or tomorrow and will try again... i think the iso i tried it with intially was a bum copy

enjoy and if anyone gets it running let me know if the mac iPhone progams run properly

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
What is TouchFree4.exe then if its not a one click Jailbreak for the PC? I mean I clicked it twice to run, but that was it ;)

Also, why would you entrust your iPhone to going through hoops like that? If there's a communication input/output error under that Mac environment where do you even start to investigate to find out what the problem is? It could be a problem with the Mac OS, or a problem with the Windows OS, or a problem with the software that makes the two OS talk to eachtoher... OR it could also be a combination of all of those factors, lol!

I wouldn't advise using your iPhone in this way. Tools like this work best when in a pinch and you need access to a file thats formatted for a different OS.

amedina

Sep 22, 2007
www.flickr.com
I'm trying to run Mac OS x86 10.4 natively today on an HP machine. It can certainly be done, depending on your PC's construction.

Emulators are REALLY slow and, like said above, tracing back errors is real hard.

Installing Mac OS x86 on a PC can be parallel to a previous windows xp/vista installation, and you can certainly use both separately if you keep them on different drive partitions. Or at least that's what I've read.

Will let you know today, if everything goes ok. Or in two weeks, if my PC exploded.
lol

BLIMPO

Oct 19, 2007
I don't see the point of this. Like someone above posted, there is a 1 click fix (2 if you're really counting) for PC. I also don't want to run OS X, so I'll stick with my windows.