s9 Motorola with iPhone

ventrj

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I paired my s9's today with the iPhone (using a2dp) for the first time and they seem to work ok. The only problem i see is that the headset controls do not work to well, not sure if this is from the headphones or the iPhone. To control the volume you have to use the headphones the iPhone will not adjust the sound. Also the forward and backward for songs does not work on the headphones you have to use the iPhone.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
What about sound quality? Does it really seem like they are wired headphones?

I had bt headphones with my old PPC and it would crackle every so often. Also, when I'd ride my bike fast down a hill it would skip.

I have 3.0 and I'm considering a bt headphones, but I'm not sure. More info is much appreciated.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
^ sucks really bad.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I just got some. I didn't think they were that bad, sound quality wise. I'm looking forward to the wireless component....

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
So far I've been really happy with them. I haven't been able to get the volume to work, not entirely sure why that is. I tried pressing the volume on the headset but it doesn't seem to to anything. Maybe I'll give it another try. The sound quality on them has been great.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Ok, so I've had no luck with the volume up or down on the headset at all. I guess maybe my headset is busted? Has anyone else had any issues with the volume on the S9 headset? I don't mind changing the volume on the iPhone itself but since that doesn't work it would be nice to have some way to control the volume.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Mine's the other way around. Phone controls don't work on the headset. Only the headset controls works for volume.

ishag

Mar 6, 2008
i have been useing the s9 with my iPhone + adapter for at least a year an half.always worked fine sound quality/buttons
but a few months back the buttons on the s9 stopped working for me so i just adjust volume an such on the iPhone it self.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Mine's the other way around. Phone controls don't work on the headset. Only the headset controls works for volume.
The volume controls on the iPhone for the headset don't work for me either. Basically I'm stuck with the same volume and can't change it. I think the headphones are defective as I look at them I notice what looks like water damage on the speakers themselves. I'm sending them back for a new pair today.

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
The volume controls on the iPhone for the headset don't work for me either. Basically I'm stuck with the same volume and can't change it. I think the headphones are defective as I look at them I notice what looks like water damage on the speakers themselves. I'm sending them back for a new pair today.
What firmware are you running?

Edit: nevermind, read your sig :)

dwest218

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I just posted this in the iPhone software subsection. I'm using the Motorola S9 also.

Just wondering what other people's experience has been? I know allot of people are dying to have this and anxiously awaiting for this update alone. My experience since Beta 1 is that Apple is doing a sweet job working on this profile. Each beta update seems to get better and better in regards to bluetooth stereo. Anyhow, Beta 4 has brought the most enhancements. Things that are improved is the ability to launch other apps. while streaming music without interruptions in playback. That's nice at the gym when I am using a workout app. at the same time. Another improvement that I have not seen on any other bluetooth a2dp phone is the play/pause functionality. Usually I have to press play/pause once to activate the AVRCP profile on my headset after pairing and then subsequently I have AVRCP capability. Somehow Apple managed to eliminate that step and the first time I press pause it works. That is incredible seeing how nobody else has gotten rid of that frustration. I mean everybody from Nokia, Sony Ericsson, and Microsoft. Hopefully the forward/rewind functionality comes in the next beta! The other improvement with AVRCP that nobody has done so well is the delay from when I press pause. All the other phones take 1.5 seconds before the music would pause after pressing button on the headset. This latest update Apple did something to shorten it to less than 1/2 a second. Incredible! All of these improvements combined with the UI when using A2dp(like getting rid of the volume bar) and the iPod make the iPhone a hot bluetooth stereo phone. Something tells me these performance improvements are for good reason because Apple has a bluetooth headset stereo in the line-up?