Sad Day, Steve Jobs has died

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Exactly how I feel. Sitting here feeling numb.

I feel like I lost a friend. No joke. I'm seriously devastated. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. RIP Steve, you changed the world.

Sent from my iPhone 4

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

Last edited by a moderator:

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Just heard and actually came here to confirm it. Believe most here before any newscast.
Sad day indeed. A true pioneer taken from us too soon by this horrible disease!
RIP Mr. Jobs

jb829904

Contributor
Silver
Jun 24, 2010
MO
Shocking news. Like we knew it was coming eventually but perhaps not so soon. May God rest his soul. What a legend.

Aug 31, 2010
If we're this sad, poor Mac will be devastated.

Arcangel2176

Silver
Jul 24, 2007
“No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” [Stanford commencement speech, June 2005] Steve Jobs

Arcangel2176

Silver
Jul 24, 2007
“Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure — these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.” [Stanford commencement speech, June 2005] Steve Jobs

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
“No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” [Stanford commencement speech, June 2005] Steve Jobs
Wow!

Kgd0630

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 8, 2010
Anderson, SC
Very sad news. We could all be so lucky to have a CEO like him he will be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
A few thoughts on the passing of Steve Jobs...

First, we knew it was coming. This man's life was Apple, he's been ill for years, and his stepping down meant he probably wasn't doing too well. Not knowing him personally, I can only speak to his professional legacy. He was a true innovator. He was a visionary and created products that made my life happier. Many kids started out with an Apple II at home and or at school. He brought the GUI to home users. Whether you have an iPhone or not, the currently available smart phones are a direct result of the innovation of the iPhone. The same thing goes for the touch tablet revolution started with the iPad. His friends and family will miss him on a personal level. We will miss his innovation and enthusiastic keynotes. Yes, watching a Steve Jobs keynote was like watching someone sell ice to Alaskans, but with a sincerity and an enthusiasm that allowed you to forgive him for exaggerating just a little. So RIP Steve Jobs. I for one will miss you. Ironically I'm wearing the right thing for the occasion. It is a cool fall day and I'm wearing blue jeans and a black turtleneck. It seems fitting.

Aug 31, 2010
Wow...I just read the whole thing and I am speechless.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
They just posted on the news he died very peacefully surrounded by his family. That comforted me.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
As someone else posted, most of us probably found out about his death on the devices he invented.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
As someone else posted, most of us probably found out about his death on the devices he invented.
I did. On my macbook Air. Yahoo Messenger message from a friend asking if Steve Jobs really died (with a lot of question marks). At first I assumed another wild rumor. But alas a quick check of the news confirmed it was indeed true. Next stop was here.

Michael

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
This truly upsets me. I never met this man, but it upsets me. Maybe because he is the innovator of something that is a big part of my everyday life. Heck I'm using it right now. I just wished they would have kept everyone more informed as to his true Health instead of hitting us like this. Sad

Sent from my iPhone4 using iCafe app

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
It really serves as a strong reminder that we should be grateful for our good health above all. Without that, no amount of success matters... Very sad. He was so young.
That should be a motivator for you to never go back to smoking, shouldn't it?

Please don't make jokes about this. I've already posted one warning.
I believe any jokes or unnecessary comments in situations like these should be punished and by no means tolerated. Just my opinion.

I believe I am now going to buy the iPhone 4S when I get a chance just to pay my share of respect for Steve Jobs and the company he built. I already own a lot of Apple products, and the new iPhone is definitely not going to be the last one, however, I have said that I wouldn't buy it because I wasn't impressed, but now I certainly am in admiration and love for him and his work. We will all miss you, Steve.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
You'll be missed Mr. Jobs, thank you for my making my experience with tech so much brighter and enjoyment filled, your passion lives on in the millions of smiles you helped create.