Sad Day, Steve Jobs has died

Jan 18, 2011
South East USA
www.prazim.com
The MLB twitter even mentioned him. That's crazy. I mean think about that, it's for talking about games and baseball. They've never mentioned anything else. And now they are talking about Steve. That man truly changed the world.

Sent from my iPhone 4

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
I read the news on my iPad. Sadly I thought when he stepped down that he was not going to be with us much longer. I couldn't see him stepping away from running a company he seemed to love so much. R I P Steve.

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
I will always remember this day since its also my birthday. Rest in peace Mr Jobs.

TheSnowman

Bronze
Oct 5, 2011
So just out of curiosity. Does anyone think he called before hand and spoke to people like Bill Gates and others he knew all these years, competed with etc to say it's been fun, or just include his and the Apple family?

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
So just out of curiosity. Does anyone think he called before hand and spoke to people like Bill Gates and others he knew all these years, competed with etc to say it's been fun, or just include his and the Apple family?
I doubt it. He was most likely unconscious this entire week. When my mom passed away from cancer, she on so much pain medication her last week of life was pretty much a comatose state.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Steve Jobs was a unique individual - a visionary for the masses. He was loved and reviled by many, but no one can deny that he was a powerful force in the tech industry. His drive and uncanny sense of what the public wanted were unparalleled, and his efforts turned Apple into one of the largest companies on the planet.

He was cut down too early in life and I for one mourn his premature exit. I wish his family strength and prosperity for the future.

RIP Steve.

TheSnowman

Bronze
Oct 5, 2011
It sucks. You can have all the money, power and control in the world but if the big man wants you, then it doesn't matter. Puts life in perspective

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
There is no doubt in my mind Bill and Steve talked on a regular basis. Two great icons. Bill during the 90's and Steve during the 00's. Great contributors throughout but hitting their peak during those times.
Steve will be missed by most and cherished by all.

fearofnormalcy

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
New Port Richey, FL
www.facebook.com
There is no doubt in my mind Bill and Steve talked on a regular basis. Two great icons. Bill during the 90's and Steve during the 00's. Great contributors throughout but hitting their peak during those times.
Steve will be missed by most and cherished by all.
From the Microsoft website:

I’m truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs’ death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work.
Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives.
The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come.
For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it’s been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely. -Bill Gates

Rest in Peace, Steve.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
From the Microsoft website:

I’m truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs’ death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work.
Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives.
The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come.
For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it’s been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely. -Bill Gates

Rest in Peace, Steve.
From one great to another. Probably the kindest and most sincere words that could be spoken.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I read this tonight and it's so true: There's a hole in every geek's heart tonight..…

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
For quite a while, I had known like many of us that he knew he was dying when he retired from his CEO position in August. Pancreatic cancer in 2004. Liver transplant because of metastases in 2009. Downhill course after that. Yet, I was still hoping he would show up for the iPhone 4S yesterday.
I got a message from CNN on my iPhone that he had died as I was driving to the hospital. I didn't have time to mourn, let alone think at that time. I had to pull out a scrawny dying, premature, growth retarded 2-lb baby by c-section. Amazingly, the little guy is doing quite well, breathing on his own. Checking on him in NICU, I remembered Jobs had died. A genius has died, a tiny human being is going to make it. Life goes on. I'm just so sad right now.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
For quite a while, I had known like many of us that he knew he was dying when he retired from his CEO position in August. Pancreatic cancer in 2004. Liver transplant because of metastases in 2009. Downhill course after that. Yet, I was still hoping he would show up for the iPhone 4S yesterday.
I got a message from CNN on my iPhone that he had died as I was driving to the hospital. I didn't have time to mourn, let alone think at that time. I had to pull out a scrawny dying, premature, growth retarded 2-lb baby by c-section. Amazingly, the little guy is doing quite well, breathing on his own. Checking on him in NICU, I remembered Jobs had died. A genius has died, a tiny human being is going to make it. Life goes on. I'm just so sad right now.
Wow Jackie, I'm so glad for the little guy, I hope he pulls through. It is very sad, his legacy will always live though, and as someone said earlier, we will always have a little part of that genius in our pockets.