Sad Day :-(

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
Well my iPhone stopped functioning in the phone mode-I could not hear when i got calls and vice versa.I tried restoring the phone but that didn't help.I never upgraded my ihone software from the original 1.0.2(?) and i used ibrikr to mod it. So i went to the Apple store on 5th ave last night-first thing they asked me was it modded -I told them NO, cause at that point it wasn't-i had restored it ;-)
I was chatting with the Apple guy while he checked out my phone-he seemed curious why i never upgraded my software lol-told him i couldn't be bothered. I asked about modded phones and he told me they can't tell if you are still on the original version of software but that THEY CAN tell if you've altered your phone with the new versions? Is that TRUE or a scare tactic?
Anyway they replaced my phone on the spot but now i have version 1.1.2!-UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH. i HATE IT- i want my Modded phone back-is there an EASY way to Mod it again. ibrikr was EASY. HELP PLEASE I'm on windows
Thanks
Bitey

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
did you get any output through headphones?

it's possible your jack thought it still had headphones in it, thus not sending any audio to the speakers. a restore would not have fixed this... the only way around it is to plug/unplug 'phones while listening/pausing to music.

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
did you get any output through headphones?

it's possible your jack thought it still had headphones in it, thus not sending any audio to the speakers. a restore would not have fixed this... the only way around it is to plug/unplug 'phones while listening/pausing to music.
That's the first thing they Checked at apple-but good thought- thank you. ;-)