Sadly, Apple has discontinued its Thunderbolt Display

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It’s a shame Apple stopped making an external display that was so "cosmetically compatible” with its machines.

And they're offering this as an option? I guess it goes decently with a black Mac Pro (color-wise), but if I had $25K to buy my “perfect dream workstation,” I’d really like my screen to have an Apple logo on it just like the machine it is connected to.

The LG logo just seems better suited for a … washing machine or what-not.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
That's a cringeworthy decision at best because that display looks ugly as hell and I would definitely not consider it for any of my Mac products. I'd rather find a Thunderbolt Display for a discounted price.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
That's a cringeworthy decision at best because that display looks ugly as hell and I would definitely not consider it for any of my Mac products. I'd rather find a Thunderbolt Display for a discounted price.
Another great Apple product will no longer be developed—Airport Wireless Routers.

Apple wants to "to try to sharpen the company’s focus on consumer products that generate the bulk of its revenue”—only the ultra-profitable stuff, in other words.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they abandon the Time Capsule next; I’m sure that isn’t generating “the bulk of Apple’s revenue."

It’s sad they abandon actual products with actual functions (Thunderbolt Display, Airport Router), neglect an awesome machine (the Mac Pro hasn’t been updated in over 1000 days) yet somehow have the staffing and budget for a silly overpriced picture book.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Update: The Airport Wireless Routers Apple just halted development of just got ranked highest in customer satisfaction among wireless router manufacturers, according to a new study released by J.D. Power today. Way to go, Apple!