Safari 4.0 out, what do you guys think?

redneck47441

Bronze
Jun 3, 2009
I've upgraded today is for our phones or for the computer? If it's for the phone what's the difference?

amy_wilson

Jun 9, 2009
US
I've been using it since the beta came out and I like it a lot! Haven't tried the final release yet though...

Few downsides:
- blue progress bar was better before, the spinning wheel is too invisible for me, sometimes i find myself wondering if I had clicked a link or not
- tabs take some getting used to, seems less intuitive to move them around
- favorite sites, it tried using it in the beginning but can't. I prefer opening my tabs all at once. Can we put a folder of bookmarks in there?

Other then that, it's really a great improvement on the v.3

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
in general, i like it.

but there are a few things i prefer on the Beta. Like tabs on the top.

Jun 9, 2009
US
Oh, I haven't turned on my mac for way too long.

They removed the tabs from the top? I was getting used to that, (I'm trying out Chrome on PC so it was more or less the same...)

Any other major changes compared to the beta?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
No, mostly minor cosmetic stuff.

and it broke my cooliris.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I liked the way you could remove a tab from one window and make it its own window, and then you could also make one window into a tab in another window. I'm sad they took that out.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It seems like I was one of few who did, but I like tabs on top in the Safari 4 Beta. But I guess I can get used to them on the bottom again. I'm loving the clean new interface, and the new loading and RSS buttons are quite snazzy. Overall.. I like it quite a bit.

Savio - You can still take tabs out and make new windows - I just tried. I've never known that you could insert tabs, though.

RRlocoENGR

Bronze
Jun 15, 2009
Does Safari automatically update on our iPhones?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
This topic is about desktop Safari for mac/pc. Mobile safari is updated along with iPhone updates.