Safari auto-loading pages - just me?

arothman

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
When I click a link in a webpage in the iPhone, Safari pops it open in a new browser window... excellent. Now, when I close that second browser window, Safari always replaces the original window with whatever URL I had in the window I just closed. I either have to hit the 'X' to stop it, or use the 'back' button to go back to the previous window. Am I missing something? If I close a second window, I can't see why it should do anything to the other windows that are open...

Is this happening to you?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
When I click a link in a webpage in the iPhone, Safari pops it open in a new browser window... excellent. Now, when I close that second browser window, Safari always replaces the original window with whatever URL I had in the window I just closed. I either have to hit the 'X' to stop it, or use the 'back' button to go back to the previous window. Am I missing something? If I close a second window, I can't see why it should do anything to the other windows that are open...

Is this happening to you?
Yes, this happens to me, but randomly. Annoys the piss out of me.

karllf

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
yes it happens to me all the time. iPhone is full of bugs but this one is a big one :p but what do want for $400 next your going to want Apple to give you mms

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Yep, very annoying, especially when trying to type something at the same time. You can hardly see the page.

- John

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
This annoys the heck out of me and I can't believe the bug is still around. Very frustrating.

--
Mike

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
This annoys the heck out of me and I can't believe the bug is still around. Very frustrating.

--
Mike
You have to wonder if it is still around because none of us have really bitched about it. There are like 400 posts on "why does only one of my speakers work", but you would be hard pressed to find this annoying bug mentioned at all.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I've reported it to Apple several times. It might not get much attention since at first it's hard to tell what happened.

What makes this problem worse is that you can't even go "back" after this happens as "back" is greyed out. Grrr...

What I do as a work-around is immedietly go back to the tab that launched the open-link-in-new-window URL and pan around a little. This usually prevents the tab from adopting the same URL as the newly opened tab.

And if I do get bitten by this bug I use the History bookmark to get back to the page I was on.

--
Mike

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
What I do as a work-around is immedietly go back to the tab that launched the open-link-in-new-window URL and pan around a little. This usually prevents the tab from adopting the same URL as the newly opened tab.
Yes, that's what I do to and it works in most cases.