Safari bookmark icons

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by radtechy, Aug 7, 2014.

1. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

Is there a way to get the icons (webpage's logo) for my saved bookmarks to show instead of the sundial looking thing?

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Not that I can find. Try remaking them from time to time. I think it may be the sites that determine that rather than Safari. I had a local news station that changed their logo. So I got the compass/sundial thingy for a while. Then I remade the favorite bookmark and the new icon was there. I assume you refer to favorites. If an on screen bookmarklet has no logo, I can usually zoom it to one. It works ok. All but one if mine have a logo.
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1407449151.066114.jpg

3. Adriano73

Adriano73 Contributor
    Bronze

I've found that if you click on the bookmark and go to the site and then add to home screen it then often inserts an icon and then you just delete the home screen link. Hey presto sundial gone.

Doesn't work every time though. Worth a try.

4. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

Tried that it didn't work

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I have some that show logos or icons and some that show the Safari compass thing. I think the sites are the ones that enable those. There's nothing wrong with your phone.

6. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

I don't have any bookmark icons...jut names of the sites. Not sure how i even did that but i like it.
    My wife's phone however hs the icons... Wut? :confused:

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Those bookmarks added as favorites don't show anything but names? I've never seen that!