Safari browser closing randomly

Jul 18, 2008
Memphis
when I am web surfing sometimes the browser just closes. Sometimes I am just reading and not touching the screen. Anyone else? It is so annoying..

daddyd302

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
when I am web surfing sometimes the browser just closes. Sometimes I am just reading and not touching the screen. Anyone else? It is so annoying..

It's 2.0 and it's buggy as hell. Apps will close at any moment, other times it won't open at all. Apps will also cause the phone to reboot, or shut off. Unfortunately, we are beta tester since some people think Apple rushed out 2.0 and some app makers did not have enough time to test out their apps. That is all on Apple for not letting anyone expect a few know about 2.0, so we all are beta testers. Give it some time for Apple to fix their mistakes.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
It's not a 2.0 problem.

Original Safari on V1 phone would crash also.

It's generally random and wouldn't matter if iPod was running, 8 pages were open, or downloading large PDF files. It would just randomly crash, and it is still happening. Albeit a little less frequently.

Jul 31, 2008
Are you pressing the "home" button?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Our iPhone is like a computer. It doesn't like to stay open all the time. Sometimes it needs a reboot. Either you can reboot it or the iPhone will.

I have never had a problem with Safari so far. But, also I have the LATEST version of 2.0. If you have the old one, you can get the new one with a restore. Hopefully, 2.0.1 will be out soon.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
This happens frequently on my MacBookPro.....not my 3G though

Mech

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
I am having this same problem. It sucks!

TyWebb

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Paradise, FL, USA
This happens to me occasionally also. Its a electronic device, there will sometimes be errors. Personally if this happens only 1% of the time I have no problem with it. All it takes is tapping the safari icon again and it takes you right back to the same page. I wont complain too much about losing that 3 seconds of my life as long as the iPhone keeps doing all the awesome things it does.

Amahk

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
This happens to me occasionally also. Its a electronic device, there will sometimes be errors. Personally if this happens only 1% of the time I have no problem with it. All it takes is tapping the safari icon again and it takes you right back to the same page. I wont complain too much about losing that 3 seconds of my life as long as the iPhone keeps doing all the awesome things it does.
Yip I fully agree. If after a crash I lost all my open webpages I'd be more likely to be annoyed but theyr still all there so I can stomach this for now

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
Happens/happened to be on both my iPhones. I was told by an Apple genius that its because safari has a limited cache on our phone and a "too content rich" web site will be too much for the phone and crash safari.

Paul830

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Cleveland, OH
It happened to me three times today... I was on E-bay and it just went black and closed. I guess it might be telling me "you don't need another thing from e-bay".... LOL. Buggy as hell... between the dropped calls, failed calls and general poor reception v. 2.0 needs a major over-hall and quick...

sportsfan12321

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Yeah my phone shuts down randomly sometimes...other times the screen just turns off, but the sounds etc. are all going. It doesn't happen often though.

Jul 31, 2008

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
...and you strike again...

Jul 31, 2008
He said no one would notice if I copied a few peoples post and that everyone does it I just wanna be popular like iCafe or saverino
among everythingicafe members