Safari crashing, iPod cutting off

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

hunt577

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
My issue with my iPod on this device is getting worse. It seems like powering off the device and powering back on helps temporarily, but then as I'm surfing the iPod will shut off. Also, I had safari shut off on me again. Do you think I should look at getting a Device replacement, or is this issue on everyone's device and do you think this will be solved with a software update? Thanks for everyone's advice. I love this device.

tray

Jul 1, 2007
milwaukee, wi
everymoment.org
well.. i'd say if it is happening all the time, take it into the genius bar. if they can see the problem themselves, they might be able to diagnose it. (software or hardware problems) otherwise keep checking on the message boards here, and on Apple.com's iPhone support... and see if there is a quick fix or something

hunt577

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
what is a genius bar? Sorry I'm lost. LOL I mean I don't want Apple to rush the fix, but I also don't want to be stuck in a 2 year contract with a defective Device that may not get fixed. And those 14 days are ending soon. I absolutely love this device, but it needs to work right for over $600 spent, not to mention an uncheap monthly service plan.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
oh.. and speaking as a former Apple store employee... make sure you sign up for the genius bar well beforehand from your computer at home.. :)
That would have been good to know before I went to Apple. I spent over an hour waiting and then was told I needed to sign up. I left and don't think I'll ever return to Apple.

visubversa

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
so i went to an Apple store...

i went to the Apple store yesterday, very excited to hold the iPhone for the 1st time. i started playing with it and fell in love right away. an Apple employee came up and started talking to me about it. all of a sudden, safari cut out on me a minute after opening googles site. i asked him about it, and he shrugged and said hmmmm? i thought maybe it was because the battery was amost dead, so i asked the guy next to me to give it a go, and shonuff... him too. i went around to everyone playing with it to do the same. out of 9 phones on display, 4 of them had a problem with safari, and 2 had a problem with ipod shutting off.... 6 out of 9? i hope they fix this soon. i have been keeping an eye on this since the word got out, and im saving up for it now. its incorporated in all of my dreams. i still love it!